Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pivot Table assistance
  • benz
    Free Member

Imagine pivot table with Supplier Names and Supplier Part Numbers, etc as columns.

Pivot typically will show Supplier name then complete list of Part Numbers.

How can I get the pivot table to repeat supplier name?

scaredypants

I don't really know what you want (and I'm not stoner)

but could you cut & paste the pivot table data into another worksheet & then can use it but have more control over the final look of it ??

benz
    Free Member

John Smith Part 123
    Part 1234
    Part 12345

Whilst yes, could copy data into another worksheet and manually copy John Smith down, is there any way to avoid the manual effort by ticking something within the pivot table options?

Lean Sigma – non value adding time…..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'd love someone to tell us this is possible, not worked it out myself yet though.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

The way I do it (which probably isn't the best) is to cut and paste the pivot table into another worksheet but paste as values only.
    Then select all cells in the column you want to fill the blanks in. Then Edit, Goto, Special and click the Blanks option click OK. That should highlight all the blank cells you want filling. Then type + ,press the up arrow finally press Ctrl and Enter at the same time.

Probably havn't explained it that well but it does work really well. What you have done is highlighted all the blank cells then told the worksheet to fill the blank cell with the value above it.

Found this method via an internet search (which I can't find) so if this makes no sense Google is you friend.

mrmo
    Free Member

not 100% sure what you are trying to do but what i did in my last job was use the getpivotdata function, it only works on some versions and i found it tempermental, but it does allow you to create a presentable table and pull data from the initial pivottable data analysis

this may help explain.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pivot Table assistance’ is closed to new replies.