Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pivot Mach Carbon any views?
  • meiriadog42
    Free Member

I am looking at my first foray into carbon land, and have been intrigued by some god reviews of the Pivot Mach 5.7 carbon. I have no real knowledge of this brand, does anyone have any experience or views of this bike / frame? thanks

TheFlyingOx

I’ve ridden the Mach 4 and an old Mach 5 which were both absolutely superb, and I have no reason to doubt that the excellence filters through the range. Mates have both Mach 429 and Mach 5.7 alu and say they were the best bike they could have gone for given their own cycling needs, out of Whyte, Orange, LaPierre. The Mach 5.7 in metallic blue is a beautiful looking machine too.

Mach 5.7 Carbon is pretty much the only thing on my shopping list when my current bike dies. Either that or the Pivot Firebird.

enmac
    Free Member

I have had the 5.7 carbon for a year. I ride it with 160mm forks rather than the recommended 150mm but I prefer that setup. It is a great do anything sort of bike, light enough to ride all day but pretty good on the descents as well. I have ridden it in the alps, not quite as good as the Nomad I used to have but pedals considerably better and is significantly lighter. The only thing I don’t like is the cable routing around the seattube – the cables tend to bow out and hit your legs, but I have managed to fix that with additional stick-on cable guides.

meiriadog42
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    thanks for the feedback

Kahurangi

Never seen one, never heard of them either.

j/k

email me and I’ll try and find some photos. the Mrs has a 5.7 Carbon and I have a shiny new 6. The guys who built mine up had a neat way of solving the cable bowing. The BB on the 6 is lower than the 5.7 – which is probably the best all-round trail bike I’ve seen.

enmac – careful with what you do to the cables/hoses. We had the GF’s ‘tidied’ but actually meant the bend radius was tighter and the hose kinked.

gonesailing
    Free Member

I test rode the 5.7C and the 429C and ended up with the 429C, but only because it suited my cross country riding. The 5.7 was brilliant fun, the support is excellent and I cannot recommend the brand highly enough. Do it.

matther01
    Free Member

Dunno…but they look lovely up close in the flesh. I longed for a blue one…but bank fund computer said no 🙁

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I demoed a Mach 5.7 alloy a couple of years ago – so far it’s the only bike I have ridden that I would exchange for my Anthem with no qualms at all. Great suspension, climbs just as well as my 100mm Anthem and when the trail heads down you’ve a lot more travel to play with. Great bike: would love to have one.

swanny853

I’m going to sound a little over the top, but here goes…

5.7 is an astonishing bike. Handles like a race bike when it needs to feel nimble but is nice and capable when you point it downhill. The nice people at upgrade lent me one for the second half of an overnight 12 hour last year after my bike broke. I was willing to keep going out for more I was having so much fun. The only problem is my kidneys aren’t worth that much…

Genuinely, aside from the price, the only problem I could think of with it was the press fit bb

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pivot Mach Carbon any views?’ is closed to new replies.