Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pivot les 29er – any opinions from the collective.
  • shiny
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Considering buying a frame and building one up here in Malaysia, does anyone have one and how is it? Any issues?
    Cheers
    Shiny

takisawa2

Well, Mick Hall won the Tour Divide on one. 🙂

But, some of those Chinese carbon frames look remarkably similar.
    But a lot cheaper… 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^^ go on

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I tried one out in the summer courtesy of Upgrade bikes demo day.
    It simply blew me away and I want one (with a dropper). One bike to rule them all? This would be my choice.

I believe it’s a sub kilo frame and is massive in the downtube/BB area to minimise flex under peddling load.
    I leaned the bike over and bounced on a peddle. Christ! It really was incredibly stiff.

Most importantly though it was orange. 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Had a look at some at 24/12 this year. They’re lovely looking bikes and from what a few riders were saying there’re great frames.
    I’ll be seriously considering one when I decide to upgrade the HT frame.

shiny
    Free Member

Thanks all, it does seem well built and very solid. I have had a inner air 9c and that was not so good, quite poor quality. The solar orange is very nice. I have also seen the new 27.5 frame but have a Bronson for that..

Maybe time to bit the bullet. Out here it cost about £1200.

Decisions decisions…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

It simply blew me away and I want one (with a dropper). One bike to rule them all? This would be my choice.

If you run a 1x drivetrain, then you can run a stealth post with routing through a gear cable port.
    Really incredible bike, uphill and down.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Out here it cost about £1200.

If they were that price here in the UK I’d have had one in the garage by now 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

some of those Chinese carbon frames look remarkably similar.

Can’t say I’ve seen any with the rear stays like those in the picture above. Any links?

richP

I bought mine as a team race bike at the start of last year. My original intention was to run it alongside the anthem that I had at the time as a race day bike and maybe a rigid SS over the winter. However it turned out to be so much fun to ride that I ended up doing all my riding on it and selling the anthem…

As Matt suggests above I set mine up 1×10 and am running a stealth reverb. I can’t recommend this set-up enough. Most of my riding is xc/endurance but I’ve also taken it to trail centres and to the Pyrenees and it’s always been great!

https://www.facebook.com/PivotBoompodsRacing

shiny
    Free Member

Superb, Cheers all, much appreciated.

Have ordered the orange frame! Cannot wait!

Cheers

Shiny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pivot les 29er – any opinions from the collective.’ is closed to new replies.