Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pitch Hill trail destruction!!!!!?? Surrey Hills
  • tonkatoy
    Free Member

Does anybody know why they have destroyed the ‘bumps for santa’trail i think its called;the one off of Houndhouse Road that takes you to ‘claw hammer’ or ‘secret santa’.The entrance is completely blocked with felled trees and the rest of the trail is totally unrideable and unrecogniseable.Can anyone shed any light on the situation??

uselesshippy
    Free Member

The one next to evian?
    Forestry work probably. It happens, and stuff normally gets rebuilt or replaced.

Cheezpleez

Looked to me like forestry work and a deliberate attempt to put it out of use. It was great once but TBH it had become a chore to ride after the damage done in the last couple of wet winters. Just hope they don’t do the same to Secret Santa – that would be a real loss.

gee
    Free Member

There is forestry work going on – we may loose secret Santa too.

timpol
    Free Member

Hopefully will only be the small scale stuff that can be easily cleared!

luke0912
    Free Member

It would be a massive shame if secret santa was lost thats a great trail, i think the trail you are talikng about is called drag queen.

brooess
    Free Member

Not sure which trail you mean but non-legacy trails are being put out of action. Orange Claw Hammer I think counts as legacy – it’s been there for years

jambalaya
    Free Member

It would certainly be a loss to be without orange Claw Hammer, Secret Santa as together with the rocky riverbed bridleway are always excellent, a frequent way home for me if I’ve ridden out from Guildford. To be honest the trails lost on the main part of pitch hill towards the top aren’t the end of the world.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pitch Hill trail destruction!!!!!?? Surrey Hills’ is closed to new replies.