Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pitch Frame Weight?
  • flamejob
    Free Member

Anyone know? I'm just trying to see where I can loose more weight, or if it's a lost cause because the frame is made of lead.
    Apparently the Carbon Enduro weighs 2.55kg (5lb 10oz) – For comparison.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Loosing weight on a Pitch = Barking up the wrong tree! 🙂

I had a 2004 Stumpy FSR that was just under 6lb. I'd imagine a pitch is closer to 7lb, possibly a fair bit more.

flamejob
    Free Member

I have been fascinated by this Rider vs Bike weight ratio thing. I weigh 63kg and need a bike with a fair bit of travel and slack angles= Pitch.
    The 2010 Enduro Carbon frame is pretty much the same frame, but a shed load lighter (and more expensive).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tracknicko
    Free Member

think trance is about 6.5lb. apparently 'heavy' feels fine to me.

don;t worry about weight mate. tis all in the mind/legs/training.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Hi Flamejob

Top of my head, my Pitch Frame in Medium with just the Headset and Shock attached was about 3.1Kg, i think… 🙂

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Scratch that! Found the sheet of paper, was 3.3Kg 🙂

GW
    Free Member

they're pretty **** light for what they are, perhaps even too light for how one can be ridden.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

so 6.9lb, not bad

My RM ets-x weighs in at 2940g with shock and a little mud, on the kitchen scales, so within a lb of a pitch!

I'm all for saving weight, but on anything that burly weight saving would be getting a 5" travel stumpjumper.

flamejob
    Free Member

…so it's half a kg heavier than a Mojo HD and one kg heavier than an Enduro…

… interesting.

Thing is…. I havn't broken anything since the '90s, despite doing some very stupid stuff, so I think I can afford to go lighter on pretty much everything. The problem is travel is normally associated with burlyness and therefore weight.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

so 6.9lb, not bad

3.3kg = 7.27lb.

So I was about right then. 🙂 – Light it is not……

ahwiles
    Free Member

that's a very reassuring weight for a bike with 'hooligan' written all over it.

sounds just about right.

anyone wanna buy a Hemlock?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I've had curries that weigh more than that..

yer bunch of lightweight weenie whippets..

😉

bol

Still, it's possible to build one up at about 30lbs without using anything silly-light or silly-expensive, which isn't bad for a 6ins bike. Unlike some of the carbon options, you can be pretty sure the frame will be the last thing to break if things get out of hand too. A similarly built stumpy is only a couple of pounds or so lighter, and doesn't make me feel half as brave.

flamejob
    Free Member

Mine weighs 30lb on the nose (with the standard tyres)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pitch Frame Weight?’ is closed to new replies.