Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 179 total)
  • pitch forks at the ready not clarkson this time.
  • iolo
    Free Member

Well that’s bloody stupid.
    If he want to kill himself at that speed fine but what about whoever he hits?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll start the petition.

Drac

He’s not even a real Martin.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Makes him even more suitable for hosting TG 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

#buthesarealGuy

VanMan
    Free Member

Take it he wasn’t on the Isle of Man then.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

If he want to kill himself at that speed fine but what about whoever he hits?

I’m sure they’ll be happy, as I am yet to meet anyone who doesn’t warm to Guy’s cheeky charms.

Although, I’m not sure how happy Guy will be after all that probing….

iolo
    Free Member

Take it he wasn’t on the Isle of Man then.

Yes he was. In a 40 mph area according to the link.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Whoops…….

5thElefant
    Free Member

Haven’t we all done that?*

Not me obviously m’lud.

Drac

In a 40? No.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Only coming down Winnats Pass on me fat bike, proper fast.

Ok he’s been a plank. Hardly compares to being a collosal bell end with tongue cancer for years.

the-muffin-man

In my book 180mph in a 40 zone is worse than a girly fight in a bar.

Drac

I’d rather be slapped in the face than struck by a car travelling at 180mph.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Haven’t we all done that?

One erstwhile (And sadly missed) member of this parish used to boast about riding a motorbike at “speeds which would make your eyes bleed”. Couple that with all the probing, and it really doesn’t sound all that pleasant.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What car was he in, that’s an impressive speed.

wrecker
    Free Member

Ok he’s been a plank. Hardly compares to being a collosal bell end with tongue cancer for years.

What? Is that a joke?

RustySpanner

Fancy a tankslapper?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

So how long a ban should 180mph in a 40 zone carry?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

What car was he in, that’s an impressive speed.

If only there was a link to a story about this event. Which maybe had a bit more detail.

Ah well.

I’m going to guess it was this:

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Yeah sorry, oblique reference to Clarkson, perhaps I’ll spell it out next time.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What? Is that a joke?

or something.

butcher

Doesn’t he already have something like 21 points on his licence? I might well be remembering wrong, but I’m sure he was talking about it.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, if he was doing 180 in a 40, it would only be for a couple of seconds at that speed.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Look on the bright side, if he was doing 180 in a 40, it would only be for a couple of seconds at that speed.

Agreed. Wasn’t even worth slowing down.

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, you wouldn’t catch Sue Perkins doing that would you!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

What? Is that a joke?

Well I laffed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You Sir, stay off the forum.

Drac

Life.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Life.

Yup, no question.

maxtorque

Thing is, there are 40mph zones and 40 mph zones. I can think of several stretches of dual carriageway in the uk, where a fast car or bike could relatively safely hit 180mph, yet they are 40mph zones…….

Drac

Thing is, there are 40mph zones and 40 mph zones. I can think of several stretches of dual carriageway in the uk, where a fast car or bike could relatively safely hit 180mph, yet they are 40mph zones…….

But they’re not 180mph zones they’re 40.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

there are 40mph zones and 40 mph zones.

I’m pretty sure the speed limit is the same in both. Invariably, for good reason as well.

ninfan
    Free Member

Should maybe put little signs after the speed limit signs, like ‘no, really a 40’ or ‘just a little bit 40’

GrahamS

I can think of several stretches of dual carriageway in the uk, where a fast car or bike could relatively safely hit 180mph, yet they are 40mph zones…….

Do you honestly think the local authority just restricted the speed on them for a laugh?

Or do you think they looked at things like junctions, sight lines, road surface, prior accidents, crash protection, camber, drainage, likelihood of wild animals, etc etc?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Graham, it’s OK in this case, as it’s Guy. You know? Chief, boss. Proper brew.

Makes it totally OK to be a bell end.

Apparently.

wrecker
    Free Member

Actually, there are a surprisingly high number of speed limits due to noise!
    I can’t think of any which would be 180mph if there were no nearby residences though. Maybe 60mph, but not 180mph.

maxtorque

CaptainFlashheart Invariably, for good reason as well.

Sorry, but they are often 40mph for very poor reasons!

Take my local towns bypass, which is a dual carriageway with Central reservation crash barriers (ie proper motorway spec) and has been 70mph for the last 17 years i have lived here.
    Last year, a woman attempted to run across the road (rather than walk 200m up the road to the pedestrian foot bridge provided). She was hit by an HGV and killed.
    As a result this stretch of road is now 40mph. (a speed incidentally, at which you will still be killed completely to death when hit by an HGV…..)

Drac

As a result this stretch of road is now 40mph. (a speed incidentally, at which you will still be killed completely to death when hit by an HGV…..)

Clutching at straws there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘pitch forks at the ready not clarkson this time.’ is closed to new replies.