Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • Pistorius
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Prosecutor asks the question, defendant replies to the Judge instead.

Is that normal? It’d wind me up. I’d say listen you loathsome little shitehawk I’m the one speaking to you- answer to me.

It would be perfectly good etiquette here to do that.

globalti
    Free Member

Has any of the prosecution bothered checking the size of the bathroom window and asking him why he thought a burglar might get a ladder and squeeze in there rather than taking the easier route via the patio doors?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Prosecutor asks the question, defendant replies to the Judge instead.
    Is that normal? It’d wind me up. I’d say listen you loathsome little shitehawk I’m the one speaking to you- answer to me.

The judge decides, there is no jury, and the prosecutors job is to not believe you. I know which one I would be trying to convince whether what I was saying was true or false.

bikebouy
    Free Member

convert – Member

The mi lady bit does tickle me!

Indeed, a high profile white, (by all accounts) arrogant afrikaner male being super deferential to a black female judge is rather satisfying to hear!

Indeed. I can imagine generations of ethnic Africans totally understanding Pistorius’s POV, erm… well possibly not.
    I do wonder what the appetite of the African peoples POV is in this case for a conviction, a conviction whether he’s guilty or not.

hora
    Free Member

Maybe its designed to flatter, to make her feel important. Incase shes wavering, unsure she’ll then find him not-guilty?

This reminds me in some ways of OJ Simpson. Different parallels but a celeb defending himself. One we KNOW did it and one we know did it..the only thing that seperates them is premeditation?

duntstick
    Free Member

He’s been well directed, that’s all.

Direct all submissions and remarks to the bench and not the opposing advocate.

Just normal court etiquette.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I guess, I suppose in some way he’s belittling the Prosecution by not refering his answers to them, but the Judge.

Mi Lady. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe its designed to flatter, to make her feel important.

She is the judge in the biggest trial in her country. She has probably worked out she has been judged as highly competent in her area of expertise. The prosecutor probably realises he is quite highly regarded as well given he was chosen

Who would be anything other than polite to the person who could put you in jail for 30 + years?

Klunk
    Free Member

his story seems to be unraveling under pressure from the prosecutor, his “I shouted to her to call the police” when she was only feet away was not met with a reply! not even a “hang on, wait till I’ve finished on the loo”

globalti
    Free Member

He addresses the judge in the same way that British MPs address the Speaker, not each other.

Either she’s an extremely astute and respected judge or she’s a political appointment for the reasons mentioned above – a white man of the discredited Afrikaaner tribe causing havoc in what is now a black African country deserves to be judged by a black judge…. or it was thought that a white male judge would be unlikely to be seen as impartial… who knows, but it’s interesting.

aracer
    Free Member

The only time I was in a quasi-judicial situation I addressed the bloke in charge as “sir”, so I’m not sure what is so odd with what he says.

bencooper
    Free Member

Have we done this?

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/closeread/2014/04/oscar-pistoriuss-trigger.html

Interesting analysis, and he doesn’t come out of it well.

Northwind

emsz – Member

Your in bed, you hear something that wakes you up, next thing “everyone” does is roll over and shake the person next to them ” wake up did you hear that?”

That’s not his version of events, though- he says he was out of bed when he heard the “intruder”

hora
    Free Member

Thanks for the NYer link

Has no one called him Pistolrius yet?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Knock, knock

Wh….BANG BANG BANG BANG

Oscar Pistorius

scaredypants
    hofnar
    Free Member

I do believe he is most likely guilty on the other hand in an African context especially south African context his explanations don’t seem that daft.

I have lived in several african countries and on two occasions in South Africa and have visited at least many times when not living there.

I had someone coming in through the tiny bathroom window(all the others where protected by metal bars) and ended up with a knife against my troat.

I have had armed guards in front of the house, seen people with sticks and knives under their pillows, used to have a panga under my desk in the office. Have stayed behind 15 feed electric fences.

I cycled with peper spray tied to my handlebars and trained on grabbing it quickly, many friend ride with it and or knives some with guns.

Withe South africans are scared to a certain degree rigtly, guns are all around and not seen as strange. As a result on many attacks and often a stap or shoot first policy from robbers people don’t wait it can cost your live. Many have already lost their lives meaning quite some are scared senseless living on the edge and pronen to nervous over reactions. Family members have been shot before been mistaken by intruders.

You learn to live with the constant fear, you try and learn to ignore I know hear them again but I would just sleep through gunshots as it was just a daily thing and rather normal and most likely 500m or one 1-2k away so wouldn’t get to me. Its a beautifull place Africa and in specific South Africa but some parts of it are so bedly messed up.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I call bullshit on scaredypants link

Officers quickly pursued his Citroen Picasso on a high-speed chase

wingnuts

I do feel sorry for the shop at the Bespoke bike show – not sure of their heritage but having Pistorius all over your shirt might lead to some odd conversations.

hora
    Free Member

Ouch

cruzcampo
    Free Member

I’m off work tomorrow, planning to watch tomorrows hearing from start to finish, with muchos baked goods, and lots of coffee 😀 anyone else?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Still doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

He’s getting totally ripped apart, arguing a lot and coming across poorly. Nell’s really pulling out all the stops, inconsistency after inconsistency.

hora
    Free Member

Hows he holding up to the chain of events and the screams heard?

I think the sequence of screams and shots will get him though…

Klunk
    Free Member

Has no one called him Pistolrius yet?

going by his story it’s oscar preposterous

cruzcampo
    Free Member

He’s broke down in tears already when asked what he shouted when approaching the bathroom. Oh dear!

hora
    Free Member

Basically the stress is making him forget his story? When will he properly contradict himself then?

hora
    Free Member

Whats the latest?

duntstick
    Free Member

Gone for a blub

DrJ

Good article here:

http://criminallawza.net/

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

where are you watching it? My feed keeps freezing.

duntstick
    Free Member
    cruzcampo
    Free Member

Sky news free view. channel 82. Just adjourned for lunch.

He’s broke down again for the third time.

Ended on asking him why didn’t he fire a warning shot in the shower cubicle? OP said it would ricochet. Nell said it would ricochet if shot in the toilet cubicle. Op keeps changing story, says he can’t remember, doesn’t know, and broke down.

big_scot_nanny

Very interesting, just watching a few minutes of this live.

The question of why he did not look for Reeva anywhere else after shooting the “intruder” in the bathroom was quite a big reveal. Not sure that Nel is asking quite the right questions, but the whole things does appear to be avery flaky and inconsistent defence.

cheers_drive

I lasted a few minutes until him saying ‘My Lady’ and the end of every sentence got to much. The judge should just tell him to stop, she must find it annoying too.

DrJ

I think he should be found guilty on the grounds of having an annoying whiny voice. The prosecution rests.

chewkw
    Free Member

What he said does not make sense.

I will judge him guilty and death by Zulu spears the traditional ways.

SixFootTwo
    Free Member

Can’t imagine a situation when i would wake up, hear a noise in the loo, not notice my wife wasn’t in the bed and assume it was a burglar nicking my toilet brush so shoot 4 rounds off without warning/checking.

aracer
    Free Member

How I bet he wishes he lived in Los Angeles County

convert

If he does get found innocent it will say something fairly dreadful about the place – somewhere where you can be so fearful of a lethally violent burglary that you could could make that rash a decision to fire off a gun and that be OK.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘Pistorius’ is closed to new replies.