Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pipedream Cycles
  • ricksternicolai
    Free Member

Has anyone had any dealings with Pipedream cycles recently I have ordered a ti frame ages ago and was quoted 3 weeks that’s past by a long shot and I cant get in touch with them email or phone , getting a bit worried I suppose he might be on his hols seems to be a one man job! any ideas I would be greatful

letmetalktomark

Had a few issues with ordering my R853 a year ago – plenty of threads on here about the time delays.

Worth waiting for though 8)

I have had an email from Stu three days ago so he is around.

IIRC the Ti frames may be a little longer due to them being made to order – is that right?

pedalhead
    Free Member

The frames seem quite nice, if you can get your hands on one. I ordered a Ti Pipedream early last year, was told a “couple of weeks”. Eight weeks later, no frame, and no sign of the frame coming soon either. I received poor levels of communication, and whilst talking with other people in the same boat discovered that actually some of the limited communication had been misleading as to the status of the frames. Having put down a 50% deposit on at the time of ordering, by this point I was getting very twitchy & cancelled my order. Best of luck.

wwaswas

I think there problem is that they get ‘bumped’ by the factory as they order in relatively small numbers.

They then compound this with over-optimistic delivery time frames and poor communication.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Should have had my Scion late Feb/ early March but nope, see the comment from wwaswas. Had an email at begining of the week saying they were waiting for customs to release them, then got one yesterday saying they’re shipping out on Monday to arrive Tuesday by DHL. Hurrah and about bloody time too, in equal measures!
    Can’t wait, mind. 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

I think there problem is that they get ‘bumped’ by the factory as they order in relatively small numbers.

They then compound this with over-optimistic delivery time frames and poor communication.

Yes that was my impression of the whole affair. Shame that those “optimistic” delivery times still seem to be an issue. It’s all about managing expectations. I wouldn’t have had a problem if I felt I was getting honest & open communication, but it was the feeling of being strung along with half-truths that pissed me off.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well at least the brand name is appropriate.

dickie
    Free Member

I enquired about a test bike today. They replied to say they’ll only be available at a couple of race events this year.
    They are taking a 60% deposit on frames & delivery is currently 2mths+ from date of order.

Have any of you tried a Ti Sirius? I’d really like to try one for size & before splashing the cash.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pipedream Cycles’ is closed to new replies.