Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pipedream
  • dicky
    Free Member

I’m considering a Pipedream Sirius. Is anyone running one with 130mm forks, if so what’s the handling like? Not too ‘chopper like’?

If you got any photos to share to help me choose the colour that would be really good, let’s see what you’ve got?

dicky
    Free Member

Bump…Does no-one out there ride a Sirius?

hicksville
    Free Member

My daughter has a carbon top tube sirrus, fine with 130 but better at 120 in her opinion, great bike. I rode it when she had a lefty on it and that was a tall fork but flew down singletrack. Currentlyy pace forks on there and the adjustability is the way forward.

Enjoy

aphex_2k
    Free Member

130 is fine with a short stem. I ran 130 with a 70mm Straitline stem (which is now for sale 😉 )

I’ve just switched to a 90mm stem and running coil revs @ 115mm. Seems perfect for me. It’s a great all-day ride for me, now but you may prefer the shorter stem/long top tube. All depends on your riding style.

Mine’s titanium-ish colour. It’s got a nice finish to it and it’s pretty resilient.

Any q’s just fire away. Have to say, probs the best £200 I’ve spent in a long while.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

dicky
    Free Member

Aphex, is that a standard colour or one of the chargeable custom ones?

dobo
    Free Member

As an experiment i tried it with 145mm forks, it was certainly rideable and fun downhill but not ideal, its back on rigids now

Think 130mm would be fine if you like going down stuff fast, 100-120mm would be best for climbing and fast singletrack

its a good steel frame

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Dicky,

That’s one of the standard options. I think it was called “Blingin Titanium”. Has a kind of clear coat. I’ve had it nearly a year now and it’s still looking really nice. No chips or flakes. It’s a quality paint job and certainly much better than the Pace 303 it replaced!

dobo
    Free Member

paint jobs ok but the head badge is a bit naff, i ripped mine off

aphex_2k
    Free Member

lol, yeah it’s blu-tac’d on I think. Not fussed tbh. Decent head badge was not high on my list of priorities when I bought it.

You could always get a custom pewter one made?

Baldysquirt

I ride mine with 85-130mm recons on it. For most local woods riding (except the really steep stuff) and my local off-road commute, i keep it on 100-115mm. It seems to handle most stuff really well. However, in the peak, I run it at 130mm for almost all my descending and most other stuff in between. I rarely wind the forks down to 85mm) I don’t think it would be at its best with 130mm all the time, but it would certainly get up most stuff still, and be a hoot on the way down.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I ran mine for 2 yrs on 85-130mm recons. It was fine in all settings however it always felt a little heavy.

I have recently fitted RS Rebas set at 115mm (Prob sag to 100mm) and the bike has been transformed. It can handle everything and is much easier to throw around. Even the techy stuff seems easier, maybe because i have so much more confidence in the bike.

swoosh
    Free Member

I have to agree with Aphex, the frame is the best £200 i’ve ever spent on bikes. It is a dream of a bike. Something inside is telling me to get a titanium frame or a full susser like the Morewood Shova but i wouldnt be able to let this bike go, I love it so much.

I am currently in the process of spending a fair whack on blinging it up. Never thought it would be worth blinging a £200 frame but it really is that good I have to do it.

I’m running it with U-Turn Revs and i would say that the 130mm setting is great for the downs and winding down to 100mm for the ups is about right, certainly wouldnt want any less as it would probably start to be a bit twitchy. more than 130mm and it might feel a bit laid back. did some maths on it the other day and worked out the head angle to be 67.5 in a static (not weighted) 130mm mode so when sagged would probably be around 69 which i think is about right. That’s for the riding i do and for the feel i like, how you would want it might be different.

As mentioned above, the long t-t / short stem works for me.

wanted the red colour but all they had when i bought was the blue but tbh, i love it and wouldnt change it for red now.

anymore questions just ask or if you are in the east midlands and want to try before you buy then just yell.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Likewise if you’re about the West Mids (Wolves) then you’re more than welcome to meet up and have a blast on mine.

donsimon
    Free Member

Baldysquirt – Member

I ride mine with 85-130mm recons on it. For most local woods riding (except the really steep stuff) and my local off-road commute, i keep it on 100-115mm. It seems to handle most stuff really well. However, in the peak, I run it at 130mm for almost all my descending and most other stuff in between. I rarely wind the forks down to 85mm) I don’t think it would be at its best with 130mm all the time, but it would certainly get up most stuff still, and be a hoot on the way down.

I would add that for the steeper climbs I do wind the forks down to 85mm as I find the front end wanders around when set at 100mm, generally the fork is kept at 100-110mm and extended for descending.

TheLittlestHobo – Member

I ran mine for 2 yrs on 85-130mm recons. It was fine in all settings however it always felt a little heavy.

Agreed, the Recon is quite heavy, I’d prefer something a little lighter.

Oh yeah, the pic…

IMG_0289" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Red rocks! Now sporting a green Chris King headset and a suitably cut steerer.

If you’re ever in Madrid you can have a play on mine!!!

Adios!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pipedream’ is closed to new replies.