Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pinnacle Ramin – Sizing
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone have a Ramin, any version, and care to give the size you ride, and your measurements 😛

Looking to get one for 5’7″ / 31″ inside leg, and it’s between sizes. So need a little pointer in the right direction.

Cheers

monksie
    Free Member

If I was stunted the same height as you, I’d go for the medium.
    You’re welcome.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m 5’9″ (and a bit) with a 31″ inside leg – the large I tried in the shop out of curiosity felt just small enough to ride, so I’d be looking at a medium.

I like a smaller frame as a rule, I find I’m at the top end of Pinnacles medium sizing (have an Arkrose) and they suit me. (I know different styles of bike may be different etc etc)

rOcKeTdOg

[STW]of course, you’d be test riding anyway so why ask[/STW]

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ (and a bit) with a 31″ inside leg – the large I tried in the shop out of curiosity felt just small enough to ride, so I’d be looking at a medium.

I like a smaller frame as a rule, I find I’m at the top end of Pinnacles medium sizing (have an Arkrose) and they suit me. (I know different styles of bike may be different etc etc)

Cheers for that. I find on Pinnacles’s sizing I am top of the small, and bottom of the medium recommendations. Usually, I always err on the side of the smaller frame. But a few things I have read suggests in this case it might not be the best idea.

If I was stunted the same height as you, I’d go for the medium.

*shakes fist*

[STW]of course, you’d be test riding anyway so why ask[/STW]

Nearest Evans Cycles is 45miles away, so trying them in store is a bit of a pain, otherwise it would be the best option. May even end up doing that…

daveh
    Free Member

6ft 1 on a XL, not sure that helps. Mate is 5ft 10 and rides a medium but he reckons he would’ve been better on a large.

akira

Jameso should be along in a bit, but in the meantime I’d put you on a medium. Would be better if you could sit on one obviously but I’ve sold a few and unless you’re a particularly funny shape the small would be a bit short for riding for any length of time.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jameso should be along in a bit, but in the meantime I’d put you on a medium. Would be better if you could sit on one obviously but I’ve sold a few and unless you’re a particularly funny shape the small would be a bit short for riding for any length of time.

I am currently annoying Mr Olsen over email, so he would probably give this thread a wide berth. So far we have gone from small to medium, back to small, and then maybe medium again 😀

In an ideal world, I would go to Evans in MK, but it would be 3-6 days for them to get it in, then I have to find 3+hrs to go down there and back. Then wait another 3-5 days when I order it, as will want to be ordering it online.

It would be ideal to order the 2 sizes, sit on them in the house, then send back the unwanted one. Imagine that would cost a bit in postage back and forward 😯

Still a bit of a ballache, so might just go with the consensus and get a M.

akira

You can check stock of stores online, see what sizes they have and call them to see what’s built up. If you need to order a size in you can do it over the phone.

monksie
    Free Member

You could pay £50 refundable deposit on both, go to the store when they’re both in, try them both on a test ride outside the shop and get the £50 back on the one that you don’t want.
    You’ll be wanting the medium ….or at least I would if we were similar height….which we’re not…..not that I’m criticising or anything…..

jameso

give this thread a wide berth.

Yup. Your call not mine : )
    But I’ll have a fiver on M in the end.

Jamie
    Free Member

You can check stock of stores online, see what sizes they have and call them to see what’s built up. If you need to order a size in you can do it over the phone.

Checked online with local store, Milton Keynes. They will have to get stock from the main warehouse.

You could pay £50 refundable deposit on both, go to the store when they’re both in, try them both on a test ride outside the shop and get the £50 back on the one that you don’t want.
    You’ll be wanting the medium ….or at least I would if we were similar height….which we’re not…..not that I’m criticising or anything…..

*climbs on a stool and shakes fist*

Yup. Your call not mine : )
    But I’ll have a fiver on M in the end.

Hmm. What are the odds? I might take that action.

geoffj

From Petrograd shirley the best option would be a trip to that London for sizing?

Jamie
    Free Member

From Petrograd shirley the best option would be a trip to that London for sizing?

U WOT M8? MK is smiles nearer.

…still a 2-3hr drive, with the usual traffic, so a bit of a pain in the arse.

geoffj

…still a 2-3hr drive, with the usual traffic, so a bit of a pain in the arse.

Aaah – I was thinking of the train

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, about the same time.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Ramin – Sizing’ is closed to new replies.