Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pinnacle Ramin One 2015
  • root
    Free Member

Seems to tick all the boxes for what i’m looking for – rigid with 1 ring up front, shimano.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/ramin-one-2015-mountain-bike-ec071312

Unfortunately they seem to be out of the 2014 model or I would have gone for that.

Is there anything similar for similar money? I’ve had a look but nothing seems to come close.

TimP
    Free Member

They certainly look the part in the flesh in Enduro Fluro Yello. Doubt you’ll get much for £425 elsewhere either. I am not a fan of 29ers but I had a double take and went back to have another look

cokie

Looks really nice! I think that would be a solid bike. Not much to go wrong really. Price is great too.

root
    Free Member

Thanks for the input gents

bonesetter
    Free Member

Mate has the One

He’s needed to change a lot of components as they fall-off, brake, leak, disappear

Otherwise good bike 🙂

root
    Free Member

He’s needed to change a lot of components as they fall-off, brake, leak, disappear

I spend most of my time on my supermoto now so it’s only really for firetracks and singletrack to keep fit to be honest so it’s not gonna get abused particularly.

bonesetter
    Free Member

He’s has seen only moderate trail use

DrP

I’ve just picked up a 2014 ramin 5 frame to build up into a ‘fun’ HT…will post pics when done but a nice looking frame, with dropper cable routing etc 🙂

DrP

daveh
    Free Member

*cough*

I have a 2014 and 2015 so believe that makes me resident expert. 😆

jameso

Bonesetter, any specifics, did the warranty cover it etc?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Jameso; I’m looking at a 6 in April. Am I right in thinking the frames are double butted rather than triple now?

Also at 5’91/2″ is a medium still what you’d recommend?

jameso

No changes in the frame tube specs, changes were the geo tweak for the longer fork and the 1x specific frame of the 6 being 5mm shorter at the back. Sizing.. Generally yes a M.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Cool; loving my four but looking forward to the six.

The four will still get hammered tho!

bonesetter
    Free Member

He bought the bike from Evans which is too far to get to when sorting out stuff.

When things started braking he contacted them, and Evans aid bring the bike in.

The first instance was a front brake seal busted. He ended up buying a SLX front

Then the KMC chain broke. We lashed it up and SS it back home which damaged the cassette

The plastic chainkeeper chewed up and then dropped off somewhwere

BB went (GXP which is pretty crap I know)

Bike was bought toward the end of this summer

Paint has come off quite easily

All that said, the geo is good, he has changed the bars for wider, seatpost for lay back, tyres for condition specific (all mainly out of my stock I have to say;) )and the bike rides well and he is really pleased with it

He knew the component parts were cheap and was prepared to upgrade them as they failed

jameso

Shame he couldn’t get something like the brake replaced though. I’d expect that could be done by post and a chain keeper could be posted. MIP if needed anyway.

bonesetter
    Free Member

That’s what I said – Evans wanted to see the whole back. Stupid, although I could see why

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Ramin One 2015’ is closed to new replies.