Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Pinnacle Ramin 6 31.9mm seat tube?
  • blackheart
    Free Member

Hi all, I never thought I’d be considering a store brand but here I am, really like the look of this, I looked at one at Evans last night. The first thing I always do is drop the front mech and go 1 x 10 but this comes with sram X1 and no cable routing for a front mech leaving a nice clean frame which is nice. Very well specced for the money, not too sure about the Formula brakes, heard a lot of negatives and the hubs not good but at this price wheels nearly always need replacing anyway but what’s putting me off at the moment is the 31.9mm seat tube, can anybody explain this to me, I haven’t seen it before and nothing seems to fit, it’s fitted with a shim and a 27.2 post? Not sure what the external diameter is or whether I’ll be able to get a clamp to fit? Many thanks in advance, regards Mark.

jameso

It’s a 31.6mm ID / 34.9mm OD seat tube with a long custom-spec shim to take a 27.2mm post. 31.9mm is a web spec error, sorry. Will ask for it to be corrected.
    Don’t worry about the hubs, they’re good KT models. Unbranded but nice spec.

James@Pinnacle

blackheart
    Free Member

Excellent Jameso, that makes more sense, going to arrange a test ride if I can but this is looking like a done deal, thanks for the prompt reply, regards Mark.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Ramin 6 31.9mm seat tube?’ is closed to new replies.