• This topic has 1,777 replies, 181 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by plumble.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,778 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Sorry another question, does the fork on the arkose have a carbon steerer?

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry another question, does the fork on the arkose have a carbon steerer?

Yes it does.

jameso

Gary, it’s a full carbon ADK fork, yes.
    Andy, the orange SS was the first version I was riding, it’s not a production colour sorry. Not sure on delivery exactly here, I know they’ve shipped though so shouldn’t be any later than 20-25h Nov. Usually in to us 5 weeks after leaving TW.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ah the term ‘full carbon’ can be misused though. The suffolk has ‘full carbon, alloy steerer’ which to me isn’t full carbon.

Edit: Thanks jameso

Gotama
    Free Member

^^^ Thanks re the nanos. I have to say your presence on this forum and willingness to answer inane queries about tyres or other issues is a real credit to both the Pinnacle brand and Evans.

jameso

..or also a testament as to how easily distracted I am when based in the workshop on my tod or in front of XL sheets.. haha. But, thanks.

Andy

Thanks Jameso. Popping ito Reading tomorrow to check the sizing based on the non SS frame. Cheers

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sorry another quick question.

What’s the bottom bracket on the arkose 4, says bb-4000 in the spec which doesn’t tell me much. Is it BB30 press fit? If it is how durable are these and how easy to change? I have bb30 on my Sunday best road bike but haven’t changed the bb yet.

When I google the bb it suggests external cups but googling the chain set suggests bb30.

This will be a wet weather commuter so need a bb that’s reasonably durable. Thanks.

jameso

It’s BSA std threaded, all our bikes are. BB4000 is the FSA equivalent of Shimano HT2 external cups.

iainc

So do we need to be on the lookout for a streak of blue over the moor road now rather than dayglo Jake ?? 😆

Alex

I had a look at the base one I think in Evans Birmingham, They look really well sorted and the colour (blue) was great. I already have a disc CX bike, but this doesn’t in any way stop me wanting another one!

Gary_M
    Free Member

So do we need to be on the lookout for a streak of blue over the moor road now rather than dayglo Jake ??

Well I guess I would turn the jake the snake into a proper cx bike so I’d still head over the moor to whitelee. And I do operate in stealth mode on dry summer days on the black Dolan so I’m not always quite so recognisable. 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you are after a small size theres an Pinnacle Arkose 1 on evans for £549
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/arkose-one-2014-cyclocross-bike-small-soiled–ec075921

iainc

Those with the Arkose 4 – how is the clearance between the cable bolt on the 105 front mech and the tyre ? Had a look at the Croix De Fer 30 the other day and its quite tight as the bolt arm on 105 is longer than on Tiagra….

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Those with the Arkose 4 – how is the clearance between the cable bolt on the 105 front mech and the tyre ? Had a look at the Croix De Fer 30 the other day and its quite tight as the bolt arm on 105 is longer than on Tiagra

it’s about 8mm when in the large ring. that’s with the stock small block 8 tyres still on.

iainc

Thanks, sounds about same as the Genesis.

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought the issue with the Genesis you saw, was a pre-production run, and was going to be sorted?

…saying that, they said that about the vestigal crud catcher boss on the 2014 model, and it still made it to market.

iainc

Jamie – they did say that but I’m not convinced….

The Rep said they didn’t realise the 105 had a longer bolt arm than lower spec mechs when laying it out. I looked at some pics of other similar bikes with the same mech and it seems to be common issue, hence my question re the Pinnacle. Hopefully the man with all the answers, Jameso, will be along to clarify 🙂 With the 35c crossspeeds on the genesis it was probs also about 8mm when in big ring and the tightest bit of clearance on the whole bike..

Jamie
    Free Member

You want me to check on the Giant?

iainc

Jamie, yes please , many thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

On the big ring. Tyre is a 35mm Schwalbe Super Swan. Made only for Giant.

iainc

Thanks Jamie. Might have washed it first 😀

doof_doof
    Free Member

Tyre is a 35mm Schwalbe Super Swan

You just made that up, admit it.

Jamie
    Free Member

You just made that up, admit it.

…if you’re not careful, it can break your arm.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Clearly photoshopped!
    Not even Schwalbe would name a tyre that.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a new direction they’re going in.

Next year will see the Perfect Pigeon, the Legal Eagle, the Curious Crow and finally, the ****ing Finch.

thedude
    Free Member

Awesome ostrich!

tjmachin
    Free Member

Will there be women’s spec framesets forsale?

Need a frameset to build up with spare parts after my girlfriends bike was stolen on Friday.
    Can’t afford the full bike while she’s at uni.

jameso

Been pointed towards this .. the longer 105 mech arm clearance was noted but the space between tyre and that point wasn’t something I noted as a concern, just ‘disappointed in you, Shimano’ : ) The clearance is more than at some points on many frames, but less than this frame has. Depends on whether that or a longer rear end is more of a concern, or how much mud room is needed.

1x and bigger tyres .. not always just for MTB.

Rik
    Free Member

Jameso – any news on when the frame and fork only option will be available?

What colours are they going to be?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

quick update- the small block 8 tyres are absolutely terrible in fending off spiky stuff hidden on the dark streets of south manchester; I’ve had 4 punctures this past week whilst commuting!
    either that, or there’s something bizarre going on… nowt lodged in the tyre and the rim seems to be fine too.
    so, i need to change the tyres for something a bit more durable- any suggestions? i may just return to the marathons i used without issue for 2 years on my roadrat…

iainc

I have both smallblock 8’s and conti crossspeed 35’s. The contis are faster and less punctures

jameso

SB8s, Contis, all pretty similar ime in that you either have a belted puncture-protection tread or a std tyre. Looking at varying the std specs with Kenda in TW last week actually after another autumn of hedge-cutting and tubeless vs std tyre rides. 6 flats in 100 miles is a useful reminder.. The Arkose 3 and 4 have TLR rims though so get some tape on there and you’re halfway there.

Rik, cyan Arkose 4 blue for the geared f+f, late Dec delivery now.

Rik
    Free Member

Awesome Jameso – is there a final price yet?

jameso

£325 frame, fork and headset.

tenfoot

Just bought a 2015 Arkose 1 and can’t stop looking at it. What a beauty. looking forward to putting it through it’s paces.

Rik
    Free Member

£325 awesome! I’m in

How small is the smallest size? Would it fit 5′ 3 inches?

Rik
    Free Member

Any news on the frame only option? Seen the 2014 on Evans but want the 2015 with the smooth welding.

Same question again as above :

How small is the smallest size? Would it fit 5′ 3 inches?

Cheers

mcnultycop

I’m going to get a cyan 4. I presume frame is the same throughout the range; dived in Chill Factor Evans to look at the range but no 4 in, so if I size up on a 3 it’s the same? Only had 2 mins so couldn’t chat to staff. Geometry on Evans website is for older models.

mcnultycop
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.