• This topic has 1,777 replies, 181 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by plumble.
Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,778 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)
  • gredawarha
    Free Member

I considered riding home tonight as I’ve been riding it regularly for over a year with no problem and daily since September.

But with a son to support I got a lift home.

Rang Evans and it’s booked in for Friday.

bumper
    Free Member

@jameso

will they post one out for us to fit?

I’m nowhere near to an Evans branch and haven’t got time to travel to drop it off and then travel again to collect. Do we just contact our nearest branch to sort this out?

jameso

Bumper, I think so, if you’re OK to replace yourself I don’t see any issues with that. Just call customer care to arrange it. It’s a barcoded part and needs to be done as an order so it’s recorded/traceable but beyond that no different to swapping out a broken hanger. There’s a new bolt set with it that is also to be used to get the best fit.

bumper
    Free Member

Cheers @jameso.

I’ll call them tomorrow 😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Have all the emails gone out , as i havent received an email ?

jameso

^ what year is your bike?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    ^ what year is your bike?

2014 arkose 3, bought june/july 2014

jimdubleyou

I’ve had a mail – 2015 Arkose 4

Mrs Dubleyou has not – 2014 Womens (the yellow one).

Does the 2014 need a swap?

jameso

Mail’s gone out to 2015-16 model customers. 2014s were before the hanger QC point came up, all ok there.

breadcrumb

Rang Evans this morning and spoke with Craig (I think), he’s raised an order for the replacement hanger and it will be posted out to me.

I’m happy it doesn’t have to go into store as my nearest will be a 2/3 hour round trip and its in Kendal, I’m sure they’ve got other things to worry about at the moment.

freeagent
    Free Member

@James-O Do you know what is going on with the deliveries of the 2016 Arkose bikes?
    I ordered an Arkose 3 back in Mid Nov, for delivery at the end of Nov.
    I’m now being told by Evans 18-Dec.
    Evans have been good at keeping me informed, but I might have taken the plunge on a reduced MY15 bike if I’d known the delivery was going to keep slipping…

jameso

^ We’re adding new hangers to bikes as they arrive. The new hangers are here and they’re prioritising orders, then free stock for stores. Arkose 3s are in stock so it won’t take long to get the new hanger fitted and it to be sent out.

freeagent
    Free Member

OK cool – am happy with that reasoning – much rather you got it right before I picked it up!
    Thanks for your speedy reply.

bumper
    Free Member

all ordered through customer services/recall dept. It’ll be posted asap, just need to sign a disclaimer email to state that I’m happy to fix it without taking it in to a store.

took 2 minutes to sort out on the phone.

daveh
    Free Member

Mine’s an Arkose 2, ordered late May 2015. I’ve not received an email, I take it I’m in scope?

benp1

My 2015 Arkose 2 is affected, bought it around March/April this year. It’s booked into the Evans near my work

freeagent
    Free Member

^ We’re adding new hangers to bikes as they arrive. The new hangers are here and they’re prioritising orders, then free stock for stores. Arkose 3s are in stock so it won’t take long to get the new hanger fitted and it to be sent out.

Hmmm. getting a bit miffed now.
    I’ve just phoned the branch to chase up my Arkose (which should have been delivered at the end of Nov) only to be told it’ll now not be delivered to the branch until 22/23 Dec, and dependant on if I need it or not, it might not get built up until after Christmas.

jlawie
    Free Member

Just looking to pull the trigger on a 2015 Singlespeed.

Can anyone tell me if the decals/stickers can be removed? I’m guessing given the paint job they are on top not under the clear coat.

Thanks

nre
    Free Member

Decals look to be under the clear coat on my 2015 Arkose 3…

mtbtomo
    Free Member

They’re not removable on my 2015 Arkose 4 and that’s a matt finish

climbingkev
    Free Member

Quick mud guard question: 50mm Chromoplastics fitted, rear’s fine although I’d like to tweak the radius to track the tyre better, think I’ll do this by trimming the stays. However, the front is way off in terms of the radius tracking the tyre uniformly since the stays anchor half way up the fork, rather than at the drop-out. I’ve seen two approaches on here; shorten the stays or bend the stays. I think shortening is neater, but a bend facilitates a more “direct” termination into the stay end fixings…….any experience or thoughts much appreciated.

Kev

honourablegeorge

Jameso – any idea when/if Evans will stock Arkose frames (SS preferaby)?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Quick mud guard question: 50mm Chromoplastics fitted, rear’s fine although I’d like to tweak the radius to track the tyre better, think I’ll do this by trimming the stays. However, the front is way off in terms of the radius tracking the tyre uniformly since the stays anchor half way up the fork, rather than at the drop-out. I’ve seen two approaches on here; shorten the stays or bend the stays. I think shortening is neater, but a bend facilitates a more “direct” termination into the stay end fixings…….any experience or thoughts much appreciated.

I bent *and* shortened mine. They almost always need shortening in my experience.

jameso

Jameso – any idea when/if Evans will stock Arkose frames (SS preferaby)?

If – yes. When – need to check ETAs and update later but they shouldn’t be to far off now. SS and geared/std BSA BB Arkose 3 and 4 frame sets.

freeagent
    Free Member

I’ve fitted 35mm SKS Chromoplastics to my 2016 Arkose 3.
    They are too narrow, but I’d taken them off a bike I’d just sold so they were ‘free’
    They work well with the 28mm conti Gatorskins currently fitted.

I cut and bent the front stays – they look pretty neat now and the gap between the guard and the tyre is even all the way around both front and rear.

I used a couple of spacers to push the rear guard away from the chain stay bridge and closer to the tyre.

So far they’ve been OK, no rattling and only a slight creak from the front guard if I stand up and really put the power down.

I’ll probably buy a set of 45mm Chromoplastics at some point and swap them over, this will allow me to run a wider tyre.

honourablegeorge

jameso – Member

If – yes. When – need to check ETAs and update later but they shouldn’t be to far off now. SS and geared/std BSA BB Arkose 3 and 4 frame sets.

Nice one. Hopefully in the nice primary colours of the rest of the range, and not the weird snot fleck of old? 🙂

jameso

Ha.. Karakoram-cone splatter rather than camo splatter, same as the complete bike.

ahwiles
    Free Member

And while we’re on…

my ‘new’ Arkrose saw it’s first cross race on the 28th (Bakewell, muddy as hell), it’s an awesome bike. Solid, comfy, capable.

Thanks James.

Shackleton

What’s the deal with this hanger QC and delivery delays?

I was thinking about getting a 2015 Arkose 3 as my commuter just died it’s final death on the way in. If I order one today am I likely to get it next week or is it going to be months of waiting?

jameso

ahwiles, happy to hear it, thanks.

Shackleton, we have spare hangers in now so what it means is that bikes arriving into the warehouse need new hangers fitting as a precaution, easy job for one bike but a big job for a couple of hundred unf, delays booking product on by a few days. If it’s a stock bike it’ll have been done already.

Shackleton

Ta, so the 2015 Arkose 3 on the evans website would ship without any delay?

jameso

If it’s showing as ‘in stock’ rather than with an ETA date I’d say so yes, I know we’re not swapping parts at order-pick stage. Just bear in mind I’m not on our stock system now so it’s worth a call to check 100% if you needed it for a set date.

honourablegeorge

jameso – Member
    Ha.. Karakoram-cone splatter rather than camo splatter, same as the complete bike.

Really? Damn. That’s a shame.Those finishes are a bit of a let down versus the rest of the range.

jameso

The 2016 SS is one of the nicest finishes we’ve done I think. Personal stuff though. Our main man for paint at the factory says it’s his favourite bike they’ve made in his time there : ) But similar to the black Arkose 3 this year and the green last year, whatever we do it can be devisive but better that than the safe ‘technical grays’ of a few years ago.

SS and Arkose 4 frames eta late Feb due to transport delays. Arkose 2 blue framesets due in a couple of weeks. Another batch of Arkose SS and 4 frames on order soon, one-off colours have been discussed before.

honourablegeorge

jameso – Member
    The 2016 SS is one of the nicest finishes we’ve done I think. Personal stuff though. Our main man for paint at the factory says it’s his favourite bike they’ve made in his time there : ) But similar to the black Arkose 3 this year and the green last year, whatever we do it can be devisive but better that than the safe ‘technical grays’ of a few years ago.

SS and Arkose 4 frames eta late Feb due to transport delays. Arkose 2 blue framesets due in a couple of weeks. Another batch of Arkose SS and 4 frames on order soon, one-off colours have been discussed before.

Yeah – you can’t please everyone, eh? It’s more that I really liek the primary colours on some of the complete bikes, as opposed to disliking the other finishes.

I’ll keep an eye on what shows up at Evans, cheers for the info.

jameso

It’s tempting to think of the strong primary colours as a styling phase and look for what’s next at some point, but it’s the time of year when next years bike colours are being sorted so opinions are good to hear. I like the strong block colours, feels like part of the brand now.

flows
    Free Member

Hi everyone,
    thanks for your great pics of all the Arkoses that have been shown here!
    It helped me a lot to choose the right frame and size.

Combined a ´14 Arkose frame with a Planet X fork and I love it!

Cheers from Germany,
    flows

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thought I should join in this thread as I’ve just bought a 2016 arkose 4 as my winter/wet weather commuter.

I’m sure it’s in this thread somewhere but what’s the best guards for it – as I know the front mounting bolt is under the fork crown so the bolt needs to go through the guards and bolt upwards.

My current commuter has pdw full metal fenders, anyone fitted these to an arkose? I’d like to reuse if I can as I’ll just need to buy new stays. Either that or my previous favorites sks longboards.

Any pics of how people have fitted the front guards – I presume some sort of spacer between fork and crown is needed?

sixpotbelly
    Free Member

I fitted SKS Bluemmels to mine at the weekend.

Drilled a hole in the guard for the fork crown mount. Could have then bolted it straight on but wanted it to sit a bit closer to the 38c slick tyre I’m running for road use, so used a Presta valve securing nut between the guard and the hole to space it out a couple of mm.

Biggest annoyance was getting the front guard stays to line up with their little receptacles. They’re angled to line up with the stays if those were bolted to a conventional eyelet near the axle, but the Arkose has its mountings higher up the fork legs to clear the disc caliper. Bending the stays into an S shape solved that, but it’s not quite as rigid as a result. Others may have found a better solution.

Rear went straight on in 10 minutes.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thanks. The pdw guards should fit better as they have a single stay.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.