Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Four. Can you beat for value?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Went to pick up my new Norco threshold yesterday at Evans Birmingham. Top tube was scratched to hell and it was the last one. So this from pinnacle is my next choice, work commute bike.
    I can’t find anything else that beats value for money!!

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pinnacle/arkose-four-2015-adventure-road-bike-ec071308

lunge

Planet-X were knocking out Tiagra and BB7 equipped Kaffenback’s for £600 last week, you’ll struggle to beat those for value. Not the lightest frame but will do a right job as a tough road bike.

tomd
    Free Member

Planet X London Road probably, but then you’d have to deal with PX so no.

Clink

My Arkose rides great – I certainly wouldn’t worry.

jacob46
    Free Member

I would Consider planet X if I could get to sit on one. Evans 10 mile away and great customer service. Just wish they would check there bikes over a little more thoroughly.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my arkose 4 has been brilliant as a commuter and a fun bike for when i don’t want to ride my MTB (i.e. hardly ever, but those occasions when i’m going for a ride with friends who don’t MTB!).
    all i did was swap out the tyres, because those SB8s are hopeless with road detritus on those commutes (5 punctures in 4 days was as much as i could take!)

MrNice
    Free Member

what’s happened to your whyte? that was the outcome of your deliberations last time, wasn’t it?

jacob46
    Free Member

Selling whyte because it is slightly on the small side at 58cm and I’m 6ft 3+. It felt ok at the time and 58 is the biggest they manufacture. God knows why I think it’s ridiculous. Also I’ve done 4000 miles in 8 months and it could do with a service and maybe new chain & cassette. Someone else can have the bother of doing it.

jacob46
    Free Member

Just ordered arkose 4. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Arkose Four. Can you beat for value?’ is closed to new replies.