Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Alfine 8
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Has anyone had any experience with this bike? I can’t seem to find any reviews on it.

Looking at “gravel” type bikes for about £1000. Would be great to get more miles in on local rides.

Looked at a few alternatives (base spec Cotic Escapade was one), but I’m intrigued by the Alfine hub.

The whole Arkose range seems like excellent value to be fair. Ideally hydraulic brakes would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

Cotic looks like an excellent frame with loads of tyre clearance, but the Arkose seems like great value.

Saccades
    Free Member

Plough through my post history for alfine 8 stuff.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Brilliant, will do!

ross980
    Free Member

I got one recently on C2W. I’ve done a few 30ish mile mixed road/off-road routes (and a few commutes :P). I was worried that the hub wouldn’t have enough range but it’s been fine. I’ll probably get some mud tyres for winter but the standard ones seem ok on dry stuff and road (rubbish in mud though). I’m really impressed with the brakes. Overall I really like it, mostly for the options it gives me for riding off-road from home. It’s ‘nicer’ to ride than my road bike – but not as quick obviously. In fact, even if heading out on the road I can’t see me taking the road bike over the Arkose unless I’m heading out with other roadies (it’s probably a good 3-4mph slower). I got mine for £900 after trading in a bike I was going to take to the tip (minus tax obviously 😀 )

Saccades
    Free Member

Oh, just replaced my Mtb alfine, 7 years of being ignored and the cup and cones are FUBARed. The gear bit still perfect.

The commuter alfine hit 23k km before I sold it and is still going strong 2 years later.

johnw1984
    Free Member

It sounds like this might be right up my street. I do like the sound of low maintenance (save that for the Stumpy).

ross980, I really don’t like being on the road nowadays, but I’ve only got a 1.2 mile commute to work. Best thing is that my work is right next to the canal and I live next to the Leigh > Manchester guided bus thing.

It has a gravel path all the way up to some of the national cycling routes (plus plenty of woodland in between).

shermer75
    Free Member

Saccades I have an Alfine with a worn out clutch thingy- so I’m guessing the cups and cones are still fine? Let me know if you want it, it’s yours for the cost of the postage 🙂

ross980
    Free Member

Here’s mine in the woods around the Howardian Hills

EDIT: oh, no idea how to link to Instagram photos 😕linky

johnw1984
    Free Member

Looks in it’s element there 🙂

I’ll finally have a use for that Topeak saddle pack that the missus won too!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Arkose Alfine 8’ is closed to new replies.