Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Pinkbike editors on drugs – or just thick?
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

So apparently Im a bicycle deviant as well….as well as an enthusiast of crossbows and cheerleader according to you lot.

Great.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Hang on!
    Is that a spring connected to a wheel!!
    Viva la Revolution!!!

maxtorque

Pinkbike

Here is a suspension system that can deliver better pedaling, superior suspension action, and greater versatility – and it requires no special components

No special components? Well other than a unique, specifically designed linear sliding element bearing and support tube. Oh, and a custom rear swing arm and custom through axle to get enough torsional strength, and that relocated custom bottom bracket, ah, and a special shock tune, and that wide spread shock actuation yoke, but other than that, no special parts what-so-ever……..

greyspoke
    Free Member

Well the only one of those things I would say is special is the first one, a radical re-thinking of the “short link plus a sliding pillar” type of thing seen on the Maverick. Not sure what “custom” means in the context of a new bike design.

But it looks interesting and I quite like how it looks as well.

LAT

maybe if the wife gets a job earning 150k in a hedge fund

Why don’t you get a job with a hedge fund? Or move somewhere cheaper?

wiggles
    Free Member

I don’t get the ” shock with no compression damping” thing, i don’t think any linkage can tell the difference between high and low speed compression, a shock can.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marin-wolf-ridge-first-ride.html

Is the Wolf Ridge the perfect trail bike? It’s delightfully good, but thirty pounds is the borderline for a do-it-all trail bike, and the mono-stay swingarm occupies the full width of the crank arms, so if your heels drift inward, you will be scraping it often. Caveats aside, there is much more to love about the product of Marin’s partnership with Naild. I’ll have to admit that the damn thing works as advertised. So, what’s next? A trip to B.C., where we will hopefully get a chance to put the Wolf Ridge Pro and its R3act 2 play suspension to task in an entirely different and perhaps, more hostile environment for a comprehensive review.

He is at it again, you can smell the smoke in that one 😉

Looks like Marin will be putting something out there you can test.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Well the usual rather cringe-worth marketing stuff:

The short version is that its sturdy mono-stay swingarm telescopes on a tubular aluminum stanchion, which, in conjunction with a rocker link control arm, provides a measured amount of anti-squat action throughout the bike’s suspension travel…

Just like every other suspension design then.

… and gear range.

Cunning, just throw in a reference to “gear range” there. Not actually saying that it works the same in every gear, because it won’t. The axle path is fixed so it will suffer from changes in pedal interaction as the gear changes just like other designs do.

The telescoping action works to balance the suspension’s anti-squat function against the rider’s mass close to equilibrium…

Nope, can’t make this make any sense however I read it. The telescope is a necessary suspension component – without it, the bike would collapse.

… which frees the system to react to the terrain without the need for excessive damping or spring force.

I guess the bizarre claim about the damping may have something to do with some damping effect from the telescopic pillar (or “stanchion” as that review calls it). There’s going to be some side-loads going through that.

Translated, that means…

Well a translation would be nice, but isn’t provided.

andybrad

one thing i find really interesting is theres a pressure relief valve on the rocker arm as pressure builds up inside it!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Pinkbike editors on drugs – or just thick?’ is closed to new replies.