Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pinkbike – a real 'No Go' for buying stuff?
  • AndreyE
    Free Member

So, to put it simple, I’ve been buying on STW for years now. Had a couple of cases when I was not happy with the item (out of tens if not hundreds I’ve ever bought here) and was refunded no problem. Once or twice had to refund myself at the first buyer’s demand.

Bought on Pinkbike 10 or 20 times less and had more unpleasant experience than ever on STW. Sellers lying, sending not what described, not doing a refund, backing out of promises etc etc.

Is it Pinkbike or is it me? WTF? I promised myself not to buy there any more but failed to keep this promise only to face another not too pleasant case.

Rant over. Sorry.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Andrey – dunno – but pinbike attracts a lot more teenagers / juveniles – which is all fine. I had thought that on here was a lot more gentlemanly – but with a recent “jimmygate” incident – you have to be careful no matter what.

No matter where you buy – buyer beware and all that.

Northwind

No paypal gift on pinkbike ever, is my policy. On other forums, sure I’ve been burned occasionally but over time it averages out and tbh I’d rather be a person that trusts people and occasionally gets ripped off, than someone who approaches everyone as a potential thief.

But on PB, yeah, everyone’s a potential thief tbh.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve bought two bikes off there over the years, and sold one. Every transaction done face to face and no problems at all.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve sold many frames on there and they’ve gone all over the world , but I think it’s a close community on here so you feel a bit safer.

Tom83

I’ve only ever bought/sold on here and BR, don’t think I’d trust pinkbike.
    I’ve actually got a fair bit to sell now, as i need to reduce my bikes to just the one, but I’m a bit concerned about using paypal, what with some of the recent happenings. Think I’ll do cash on collection and just take a bit longer to sell, prefer face to face anyway!

kimbers

I’ve always had good sellers on pinkbike got some excellent deals

the average user is a fair bit younger tho so worth checking out their profiles and buy face to face if your not certain.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 superfical advice – same experience I meet face to face no issues. Small items and small saving I just buy from online retailers

orangejon
    Free Member

I had the most pleasant buying experience ever when I recently purchased a set of Pace rigid forks from pinkbike. But have never bought from this forum so can’t really compare.

Oh my first post!!

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got some good deals from some nice people on PB. Just keep your wits about you and give the seller a bell to sus them out if you are doubtful.

wrecker
    Free Member

I just bought an E-thirteen chain guide on there. Arrived promptly, good condition, good price. The seller was good as gold but he wasn’t a teenager.

mildred

I’ve not had a bad experience buying stuff on PB, though I do subscribe to a slightly more ‘buyer beware’ attitude on there than on here. I’ve sold a few things on there, and other than a few dreamers (can I swap my 8 year old hammered dmr jump bike for your brand new downhill frame) it’s all been good.

Duane…
    Free Member

Bought and sold loads on Pinkbike, as with anywhere, be careful and sensible, and, touch wood, you’ll be OK 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

I tend to go with the ones that can spell… has worked out fine so far.

AndreyE
    Free Member

Thanks guys, makes me feel a bit better now 🙂

Got to stick to STW to be on the safe side 🙂

corvette
    Free Member

Bought on Pinkbike 10 or 20 times less and had more unpleasant experience than ever on STW. Sellers lying, sending not what described, not doing a refund, backing out of promises etc etc.

I had similar experience, especially about the last part. The shock shaft from Pinkbike seller has been nicked and thus compromising performance (worse sealing, air moving from + to – chamber). The sad thing is the seller wasn’t a some kid, but father of two children and close to 40 years old.

The funny thing is after a few months I saw his post on Bikeradar forum, complaining how he got screwed with used bike purchase, needing 200+ GBP for sorting things out. I guess karma is a bitch :mrgreen:

I like that place here, I’ve had many pleasant buy/sell deals. Being outside UK means no face-to-face deals, so the close community with trustworthy people really helps.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pinkbike – a real 'No Go' for buying stuff?’ is closed to new replies.