Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Pimp my tootsies
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I’ve always liked SIDIs, but irritatingly they don’t do the pearl white/yellow colour of the ergo road shoes in an MTB version. I’ve also got some Speccy BG road shoes which are bronze/black, and they’re dead comfy n stiff too.

Could anyone suggest a racy mtb type shoe with either bronze, gold or maybe yellow?

I’m a tart I know.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Mavic? Fury

mieszko
    Free Member

STW guys recently got those for tests

Pimp enough? 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Pimp, no. Absolutely horrible, yes 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

maybe yellow So is that a no to yellow then?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Splash of yellow on black or white fine, jamming needle in your eyes all over yellow with a splash of black, no.

I did say I was a tart yeah? I’d best add fussy to the list …

mieszko
    Free Member

Gaerne seems to have couple models available. CRC stock them at a price of £130 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Sidis

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I might just get them SIDIs and add a bit more gold with marker pen …

clubber
    Free Member

ADH, you know you’re just looking for a recommendation for the same shoes I (and Jimmy) have – Shimano M086 – very happy with mine.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Heh – its pretty much the same colour as that on my road shoes clubber, but they don’t do it on the MTB version. gah.

I don’t think the shimmy’s are racy enough for me I’m afraid.

I have to mention its not just colour – my current dominators are 44’s, when I need 43s really. Comes from when I didn’t have winter boots and just rode round in merino and seal skins jammed in them …

clubber
    Free Member

Not racy enough? Hmmm… Having ridden plenty of carbon road shoes, I have to say that the M086 aren’t significantly less stiff.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Pimp?

Here you go:

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

ta tree 😉

tree-magnet
    Free Member

You know I loves you, my little tubby roadie.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

And you can sprinkle them with some gold fairy dust for the desired effect, you frikkin puff.

😉

clubber
    Free Member

Damo was wearing a pair of those yesterday (and BTW, Mike, he mentioned that they now have those roadie tyres (ultimos?) that you were after in stock)

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Too late got 4 seasons now as they are probably more suitable, thanks for letting me know though.

Wish I’d got my pros in white now, although I think with white shoes you have to be able to live up to the racer image.

Where was Damon? Haven’t seen him for a while.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Glad you could join us KT 8)

The speccy’s are nice and I know they’ll suit me feet. I might go white considering I have winter boots for the gloopy season (i.e. anything other than bikefest) …

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You do realize that will require you to get a white helmet as well?

And some Oakley Jawbones, otherwise all the sponsored whippets will call you names on the start line.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

They usually do anyway – usually along the lines of ‘fattie’ or ‘what the pork barrel doign here?’.

Noticed yesterday there are some big chunks smissing from my E2 – so time for a new lid … though I may just bung some yellow insulation tape on it 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Noticed yesterday there are some big chunks smissing from my E2

Did you confuse it for cake?

matt_outandabout

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ignore this post.

clubber
    Free Member

I can definitely recommend the Bell Volt for a new helmet – very please with mine after years with E2s.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I can definitely recommend the Met inferno UL for a new helmet – very please with mine after years with E2s.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Matt – thems road shoes. I got some o them.

matt_outandabout

Ah well. Here is a picture of an old car on big wheels instead:

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Got one with go faster stripes?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my tootsies’ is closed to new replies.