Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Pimp my (daughter's) balance bike…….
  • beagle
    Free Member

Now then,

Just picked up a Pinnacle tineo balance bike – it seemed to have a few features the others didn’t. And be reasonable on price.

My mind is racing now with upgrades before Christmas! Even gone so far as raiding the spares box, watching Easton carbon 25.4mm flat handlebars on eBay and guessing how much the local powder coater would charge. Is this wrong?

Anyone shamefully done similar? Rather embarrassed, but I won’t tell if you fancy sharing stories of ano upgrades, tyres, grips, re-sprays etc etc!! 😛

Go!

jam-bo

do stickers count?

willard

Crossmax rims or can you powdercoat the existing ones yellow so that they look legit?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not mine, or my offspring’s but….

barney
    Free Member

That last pic? Lovely, but… little fingers and disk brake rotors… *shudder*

Suggsey
    Free Member

Or heels/ankles on it as they’re clumsy at that age…..

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Looks trick already from the pics, internal brake cable routing and cranked valve stems!

I saved quite a bit of weight off a Rothan for a fiver (£123 ahead of the £/g ‘rule of thumb’!!) on an alu BMX post to replace the steel one. Looks like that would work on yours. I had to fit the seat, mark and drill for the through bolt. Cut down so it didn’t protrude and catch bumps when the seat was slammed.

Alu bolts for things like brake lever clamps if you have any spares. Possibly even on the v brakes as Pinnacle are not in tension under braking.

Drop the tyre pressure for comfort.

onandon
    Free Member

Why not just buy a plastic seat/post combo from a box. Not much money and very lightweight

beagle
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Some good suggestions.

Come on flashy….are you sure that’s not yours? You like your Spesh don’t you?!!

Like the seatpost idea. Off to the garage later to have a rummage around and inspect the new purchase.

Keep them coming though ta.

stevied
    Free Member

My daughter’s is quite pimped..
    XT/XTR v-brake, Hope seatpost clamp, Kona seatpos, KCNC Scandium bars, custom stem etc

Oh, and I made most of it 😀

ollster
    Free Member

My little mans first wheels..,

Disc brake will go on when he gets older, already made a Perspex cover for the rotor to stop little fingers from going missing!

beagle
    Free Member

Gah! That commencal was the first choice but couldn’t justify double the price! Couldn’t see any uk stock either.

Looks awesome!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone want to buy a Spesh Hotwalk, in red?

ollster
    Free Member

I ended up buying direct from commencal for his first birthday, he’s 16 months now and can just about touch the floor. He loves it, pretty much ends up going everywhere with us!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Definitely not mine! Little Miss CFH does have a Hotwalk, though! Unpimped. Bad father. 🙁

tom200

I feel bad about letting mine rust at the bottom of the garden now 😐

smatkins1
    Free Member

Sticker bomb it with pepper pig stickers

scuttler

Stickers and dice caps unless you’ve got the budget / parts bin of the alpha-dads on here. Remember how kids ‘park’ their bikes.

steveoath
    Free Member

Molgrips – how much? Got email in profile.

hatter

Bought wee man a moustache bikes mercredi was tempted to fiddle with it but is was just too damn nice.

He’,s on a supurb BO12 now. Which had already been upgraded with ODI main ruffians and eelgo CNC Ed mini pedals etc.

Way more fun than pimping my own bike!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my (daughter's) balance bike…….’ is closed to new replies.