Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pila Bike Park
  • gfrew88
    Free Member

I’m heading over to Pila tomorrow for a look is the bike park worth a day? I’m heading to La Thuile anyway so it’s on the way.

I know of the big descent from the top but apart from that it looks like its all DH trails.

nickdavies

Yeah it’s definitely worth a day. It’s pretty much all dh – there’s a nice mix of trail difficulty though and the descent to Aosta is worth it on its own!

gfrew88
    Free Member

Nice one, I was going regardless just wondering if anyone had any advice on what trails to ride.

rondo101
    Free Member

The stuff from the top of the second lift is mostly DH. It’s alright for a blast but the braking bumps are a killer on your wrists.

The run down from the top of the cable car is good for a few runs. There are lots of variations at the top & in the middle which mixes it up a bit. If it’s been dry expect piles of dust. Take goggles if you’re likely to be riding behind someone.

maxtorque

Most of the top stuff is pretty smooth, fast DH stuff. Lots of variations on routes with different features. Most of it isn’t too insane, with some nice jumps /drops to hit. Plenty of berms too!

mrhoppy

Pila is ace, pretty much all goes even for a fat mincer like me.

Northwind

IMO the bottom descent- from the gondola to Aosta- is worth a day by itself (there’s a lot of variations possible). I ended up not doing that much above that, it was fine but that bottom run is a perfect blend of quality and quantity, it goes on forever and there’s so much great riding in it. Love it.

Above that, everything I rode was “DH”, so to speak but it’s kind of innerleithenish dh, everything I rode was totally fine on a trailbike. I thought the bikeparky stuff was a bit lacklustre but there’s more natural stuff too. (Alex from White Room going “**** that blue stuff, let’s go and ride some horrendous roots”… Good call!) There might be some bigger madness that I didn’t ride, we only had a day. (also didn’t do the desarpa section, can’t remember why, lift shut or something)

chakaping
    Free Member

Turn left as you walk off the chairlift and start with the blue runs over that side, quite mellow and not full-on DH at all.

The red DH on the other side of the lift is fantastic and flowy (despite the braking bumps mentioned above).

I remember the “world cup” black run not being too difficult, bar a couple of steep technical bits. It’s just really fast. My pals had a go down the IXS black run and said that was more severe.

I have to be honest, I was disappointed this year to find the freeride track down to Aosta badly blown out and covered in braking bumps – making it much less enjoyable than previous years because of the beating it dishes out.

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

IMO the bottom descent- from the gondola to Aosta- is worth a day by itself (there’s a lot of variations possible). I ended up not doing that much above that, it was fine but that bottom run is a perfect blend of quality and quantity, it goes on forever and there’s so much great riding in it. Love it.

^this. I love that trail, bit of everything.

gfrew88
    Free Member

Spent a day in Pila and in my opinion it was a waste of time. Breaking bump central and all very DH so not my scene.
    La Thuile on the other hand has some of the best lift accessed trails I’ve ever ridden all natural rocky rooty goodness and not a braking bump or table top in sight.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pila Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.