Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pikes wont compress past half way?
  • JackHardcore
    Free Member

Hi all, looking for some advice…

My Pike 454’s wont compress past about half travel even with all the air out of them??? There’s a definite “stop” at about 70mm and they just wont go any further.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I’m happy to take the lowers off as I have done this before to another set to replace the lower leg oil but not sure what I should be looking for?

Thanks for any advice!

qwerty
    Free Member

hitting the damaged bushes????

JackHardcore
    Free Member

On advice from the MTBR forums i took the lowers off and it seems an oring has gone in the motion control unit and all the oil from there had leaked into the lower right leg causing “hydrolock”

Looks like they will need a service…. thing is the forks are 08 stamped from a bike bought in May last year, I bought it second hand does anyone know if SRAM will still honour the warranty even if I don;t have an original reciept?

Mistere
    Free Member

hmmm, seems to be a fairly common occurrence. am i right to assume they’re getting on a bit?

what i think causes it is the seals going in the damper…
    does it feel like hydraulic lock? (bottoming out really hard early on)

try unscrewing the motion control damper from the right hand leg, cycle the fork (slowly!) then put it back together. If this works don’t get too excited, it’ll happen again.

Mistere
    Free Member

you beat me to your own question!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pikes wont compress past half way?’ is closed to new replies.