Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pikes to Revelation Race – Is it worth it?
  • Andyhilton
    Free Member

I have a set of 426 Pikes which I love, but my eye as been caught by a pair of Revelation Races in Merlin.

Are the Revs better than my pikes?

Is it worth changing?

What are the major differences between the forks?

Thanks, Andy

Jammy111
    Free Member

pikes will be stiffer, revs are a lot lighter

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Why stiffer?

Both have a 20mm maxle and 32mm stantions.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am about to go the same way and chop my Pikes 454 Coils in for the Revs. The Pikes are a great fork, and have just had them serviced, but for the riding i do 90% of the time i can go for the lighter fork and not worry about losing the extra ooomph the Pikes give.

Vortexracing

I have had pushed 454 air uturn Pikes and now got some Rev team u turns.

The only difference I feel is the weight. about 3/4lbs

They are near as dammit both as stiff as each other.

The revs look skinny in comparison, but that is only looks not real life performance.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Anybody want to buy a pair of pikes? 🙂

Vortexracing

Ton was after some last week

Jammy111
    Free Member

chucky- do you notice any difference between blackbox and moco damping?

Vortexracing

Absolutly, that was why I had my pike pushed.

The BB damping is FAR better on constant rocky fast stuff, the forks never seem to be phased at all.

I would not go back to std MC after having had both pushed or BB damped Rockshox forks.

Very noticable on the rocky stuff in the lakes and last year in Spain.

Jammy111
    Free Member

so pushed MoCo is equivalent to BB??

Vortexracing

yip, according to the reverand flookes at TFT it is.

I asked him before i bought the Revs as I wanted the damping but less weight. I was not willing to change if the damping was inferior in anyway. I was that impressed with my Pushed pikes.

Tracey

We changed Abigales dual air Pikes for the Revelation Air Race on her Reign last year. She thinks they are alot better

Tracey

Adam_85
    Free Member

Anybody want to buy a pair of pikes?

How old are the pikes, and condition generally?

Cheers

Andyhilton
    Free Member

2 years old and good condition about from cable scuffing on the crown.

My email is in my profile if you want any more info or pics.

Northwind

Most people'll end up comparing old Pikes with brand new Revs so it's a wee bit unfair. I don't think my Teams are as stiff as my old 2009 Revs which in turn weren't as stiff as Pikes but it's nothing to worry about, the differences are slight (and I still happily ride 08 QR Revs which are way less stiff but still stiff enough)

If you care about the weight difference, or yout Pikes are tired, it's going to be worth it. But, you might notice a difference in stiffness, and if you do that might bother you, but then it might not.

Oh, BB vs Moco, BB is a fair bit better, Moco's perfectly adequate of course but when it gets rougher and fast it basically feels like all it's doing is absorbing the bigger impacts while the BB keeps on really tracking and reacting to everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pikes to Revelation Race – Is it worth it?’ is closed to new replies.