Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • pikes stuck – help!
  • andrewhastie
    Free Member

Just bought a set of second hand 426 u turn air pikes. They have within minutes of playing around with adjustment, locked out. They feel rock hard, Ive let the air out and refilled it and twidled with rebound and lock out to no avail. They were serviced at a bike shop 2 weeks ago. Lots of oils in packaging when they arrived too…
    Feels like the lock out is stuck. Any ideas on how to sort?
    Cheers

retro83
    Free Member

do you mean the dial doesn't turn or just that they won't compress? if the later see:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pike-problem

common problem, just an o-ring replacement probably

andrewhastie
    Free Member

Aye, they just wont compress. the thread you suggested seems to be on the right lines but I have a reciept from a bike shop for a full (£70) service two weeks ago. Guess they may have buggered them up?

retro83
    Free Member

maybe they damaged the o-ring putting them back together, or maybe they didn't do a full service (just the lowers) ?

I would take 'em back to the shop personally.

andrewhastie
    Free Member

Thanks mate, i think i might just do that.

retro83
    Free Member

No problem 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

Happened to me easy to fix and costs less than £10 to do. These forks are so simple it really isnt necessary to spend £70 on a service.

LoCo
    Free Member

sounds like the seal that separates the damper chamber to the lowers has 'blown'.
    As regards the oil in the packaging is the the top of the damper leg/ moco adjuster wet? This is the internal seal/s in the top of the Moco.
    All these seals are available separtly from me if you don't want a service, drop me a line if you'd like them.

Simon

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOCO is on the right lines I think. 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

I certainly hope so peter 😉 I've sourced seals for the MoCo leak issue, both the skirted one that sits under the top cap and the little one under the gate adjuster if anyone has issues in the future, to save going round seal suppliers. 😀

andrewhastie
    Free Member

thanks all.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘pikes stuck – help!’ is closed to new replies.