Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pikes setup?????
  • sime46
    Free Member

Ran my Nuke Mega Pro again today. I’m struggling to find a nice feeling on my 160mm pikes. It’s either too stiff or I’m crashing through the travel. I’m 78kgs and I’ve now got 2 tokens fitted running around 50psi. It feels a little hard still so I could drop the pressure again. Has anyone got a baseline setup I could try? The monarch debonair in the rear feels spot on. Just the front needs work.

tillyfishes
    Free Member

Just keep playing with the pressure till it feels sweet. Mine are set up similarly to yours ( less travel though) and I run a high pressure for my weight!

arogers
    Free Member

I had the same problem. Try going lower pressure and use more compression damping. If that doesn’t work then 3 tokens, though I found 3 too much for most of the riding I do.

kimbers

90kgs now on 2 tokens and 40 psi

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve had mine for 18 months and in that time have gone from about 60psi and no tokens, one token and about 55, two and about 50, then back up to 60 and now 70psi with one token. It now feels firmer on the smooth stuff but smoother through the rough.

I’m about 80kg and the sag with those pressures has varied from 30% down to not much over 15% now. Sounds like too little sag but it feels right (and a lot of the pros run surprisingly low sag). I run my tyre pressures down in the low 20s on our dirt & roots trails (mid-high 20s when I travel to rocky ones) so I guess that’s acting as part of the small bump sensitivity.

BillOddie

Moar tokenz less pressurez!

I’m on 4 tokens and 85psi @ 105kg+ kitted up.

holland15h
    Free Member

Check on the j-tech website, you can get his proven tested settings for complete bike , £9 , helped get my pikes and debonair running sweet

sambob
    Free Member

I dropped the pressure and increased the LSC on mine when they felt too hard, seemed to do the trick

sime46
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Given me a few things to try. Lsc only works in fully open mode right?

deanfbm
    Free Member

I amazed by the low pressures people are quoting. Im 85kg, 2 tokens, 90psi, 160mm. Alternatively on my 120mm pikes, im 4 tokens and 110psi.

Forks feel good, ie in rough stuff the chassis is stable without too much feedback through the bars, also stiff enough to really weight the front wheel in turns but not so much so the front wheel doesn’t track the ground.

Are we on about feeling too stiff when you stand over the bike and compress the forks?

Is this a case of what you think good forks feel like doesn’t necessarily correlate to what good forks feel like?

chiefgrooveguru

Dean, what sag do those pressures equate to (settled position when standing with all your weight through the pedals, having bounced up and down a bit to free up stiction)?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pikes setup?????’ is closed to new replies.