Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pikes or Lyriks for Giant Reign?
  • spottydog
    Free Member

I have a giant reign and have almost got the go-ahead from the boss for a new set of forks to replace the god-awful (replaced under warranty twice and broken again) marzocchi bombers on it. A sad end to a once awesome line of forks…
    Question is whether it is worth the extra $3-400 for the lyriks over the pikes? Anybody have either fitted to a giant reign (6 inches – not the reign X) and got any heartfelt advice to share?

Olly
    Free Member

lyriks.

Giants are underforked (most 107mm trances end up being built with 130s, 80mm XtCs get built up with 100s

140s would be 10mm too short, 10mm too long would be much more comfy.
    i was looking for a reign frame for a while, and would definatly have put 2 stage lyriks on it.
    160 on the downs, stuck down at 115 for the wind up to the top.

chakaping
    Free Member

Lyrik!

I have a 160mm Fox 36 on my Reign and it's brilliant, makes the bike perfect for "all mountain" sort-of riding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

And I rarely use the Talas feature on my 36, so would get a (cheaper, lighter, simpler) fixed travel 160mm fork if I was buying again.

I_Ache
    Free Member

How about some of these lighter than Pikes and therefore I would imagine lyriks too. Some websites seem to like them and they look pretty cheap.

Seem spot on to me if your willing to take a gamble on the 2 year warranty.

http://www.nsmb.com/3005-first-look-x-fusion-vengeance-fork

Tracey

Abigale has Pikes on hers but she is a lightweight. I have some 2 step air Lyriks on my Enduro and after two weeks in the Alps they are by far the best fork Ive used

If cost isnt an option then after using both Pikes and Lyriks [Pikes on my Marin] and depending on what riding you do then I would go with the Lyriks

Tracey

Kit
    Free Member

Any 160mm fork. Don't need any travel adjustment, as the Reign is such a good climber. Mine was perfect with 160mm Van 36's.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ok, you can have a pic of my Reign too…

jeff

Go for lyriks – I have coil pikes on a meta 5 + lyriks on a coilair. The lyriks are so much better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pikes or Lyriks for Giant Reign?’ is closed to new replies.