Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pikes- Motion Control not working
  • docrobster
    Free Member

The motion control on my pikes no longer seems to do anything. I’ve done a bit of googling and come across lots of threads about how to fix the oil leak from the top of the MoCo but no mention of the assembly packing up all together.
    I have got a bit of an oil leak as well but nowt serious. When I turn the compression adjuster knob nothing happens. Is this fixable? I’m quite happy to whip the forks apart and pull the MoCo to bits if it will help, but I wondered if anyone else had suffered this sort of a failure- do I need a new MoCo assembly? If so how much?
    The forks are 08 model bought “new” late 09 from Taiwan via ebay- so no warranty…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It could well be the oil level, Id suggest changing the O-ring and make sure there’s 120ml of oil in the moco side, probably due an oil change by the sounds of it too.

speckledbob
    Free Member

Yes. If the oil has leaked out it wont work. Repair the leak from the gate and refill with oil. Should be good. The modification to the gate has been done on this site before so a bit of rummaging should find it.

docrobster
    Free Member

Ok thanks I’ll give it a go.
    Re the floodgate leak I’ve come across a couple of suggestions- one is packing more o-rings under the knurled floodgate knob, another was to take the moco to bits and find the leaky damaged seal. Which one due mean speckledbob?

LoCo
    Free Member

The moco has three seals at the top:

o ring under gate knob
    ‘umbrella’ ring under top cap inside unit
    and the top cap to moco body seal.

I do a kit with all of them in (Rockshox’s kits don’t include these)
    and here’s a link of how to fix it:

Repair Leaking Pike Motion Control

and obviously you need to empty and refill the damper unit with oil to the correct volume.

docrobster
    Free Member

Thanks Loco, that was the link I had seen. I’ll ring you at some point to order the seals kit etc.
    I presume cheap m/cycle fork oil is ok?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pikes- Motion Control not working’ is closed to new replies.