Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pikes lockout (or rather lack of)
  • Legoman
    Free Member

Went to lockout my Pikes last weekend and the travel seems exactly the same whether in the fully locked or unlocked position.

Don’t often use them locked, so I can’t say whether this has happened suddenly or gradually

They’re OEM forks on my Cube Stereo 140 if that makes a difference.

Any ideas for an easy fix, or is it a full service job?

Cheers.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I don’t think Pikes have a lockout (some newer models might).
    That knob just adjusts high speed compression?

BadlyWiredDog

It’s may well be the air seal head has died and allowed air into the damper. If they’re an older fork, you can retrofit the upgraded part from a newer Pike which should, after bleeding etc., sort it out. Straightforward swap for 650b and 29ers, more complicated for a 26″ fork which also needs additional part fitted I think.

Those were the symptoms I had along with iffy damping. Fixed it myself following internet ‘how to’ guides. Fiddly in parts, but not really very difficult if you have a basic level of mechanical competence.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Are they Pike RCs? Mine have never really locked out like my old RCT3s, the compression dial seems to do not a great deal of anything.

orangeorange
    Free Member

Currently on Pikes after years of Fox forks, and am a little surprised at the lack of adjustment including lockout after years of CTD

tillydog
    Free Member

Are they the RCT3 damper?

There’s a spring in the damper that can get misplaced and stop the “lockout” working. See here.

Easy fix if it is – just need to unscrew the damper. It happened to me, and while I couldn’t really see anything wrong, running my thumbnail around the spring made it click back into place, and all was well again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pikes lockout (or rather lack of)’ is closed to new replies.