Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Pikes Dual position
  • Tracey

Does any one know if you can get dual position Pikes in 150mm to 120mm in 27.5 size. Or can I get 160mm to 130mm and convert them.

If so where from

motozulu
    Free Member

My Rose Granite Chief (2015) came with the dual position 150/120mm Pikes and very good they were too – so they are out there.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I sort of have some 150/120 27.5 Pikes so yes you can or at least could get them. Mine came from Merlin so maybe OE rather than aftermarket, I don’t know.

I say sort of have since I replaced the DPA airshaft gubbins with a coil spring. If you want to change travel on a DPA I may have the bits you need

munrobiker
    Free Member

I have some on my Transition Patrol, they’re OE spec from one of the German sites.

Tracey

Thanks, will keep trying, will stick some other forks on the new build until I can find some

Rubber_Buccaneer

Have you tried the dual position forks? I don’t think I’d bother with them really, I only bought mine because they were cheap at the time and I thought the two positions may be handy on a hardtail. In reality I never used the 120 setting other than to try it out. I would go solo air in my preferred travel.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If it’d interest you Tracey I’m keen to upgrade mine to 160/130 and would be happy to swap an airshaft with you if 160/130 is easier to find.

Tracey

I’ve got some 160mm dual positions on my enduro and I like them, Im the only one in the family that is running them.
    Decided on the spur of the moment yesterday to strip and sell my 26″ Stumpjumper Expert carbon and build up the same 27.5 with a frame and gears from the sale and the rest out of the back of the garage.
    Would have loved another Pike.
    Other option is to put some Lyrik dual airs on the Enduro and the Pikes of the Enduro and swap the air shaft but its a bit of messing about and I’ve never been into the forks so it could be beyond me

Rubber_Buccaneer

munrobiker – Member
    If it’d interest you Tracey I’m keen to upgrade mine to 160/130 and would be happy to swap an airshaft with you if 160/130 is easier to find.

and if you don’t want to be forkless I can stick my 150/120 shaft in the post so you can swap in one go then pass the 160/130 on to munrobiker.

mickmcd
    Free Member

i had some 160/140 dual posn airs for sale on pinkbike no chuff wants em and they werent dear , i have mattocs on my stumpy

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’ve never been into the forks so it could be beyond me

If you can do a lower leg service you are pretty much only a pair of circlip pliers away from swapping an airshaft. I’m sure your LBS would be happy to sort it if you decided discretion were the better part though

Tracey

Decisions to make. Might even see if Abigale can find any in America and Canada in August and fetch some back in the bike bag.
    It looked a lot clearer yesterday.

Tracey

Munrobiker where are you based, going into the forks is beyond my capabilities.

If I cant buy the 150/120 new then I think I will buy the Lyriks and then get the air shaft swapped over at some point on my existing Pikes.

Keeping away from the buy button till I’m 100% certain

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m in Matlock, which I believe isn’t a million miles from you.

Tracey

Will get back to you on that, will need to have mine taken out and refitted. Got some 29er 160mm dual position Pikes in the garage which I’ve just tried a 650b wheel in it but it may slacken the head angle to much. I have every thing else in the garage to build it.
    Don’t know if I should just bite the bullet and buy the Lyriks

andyl
    Free Member

ahh ya buggers, I’ve just ordered a 160/130mm air shaft for my unused 150/120mm DPA Pikes and it’s on back order for 2 months!

Tracey

That’s not good

andyl
    Free Member

to be fair I can still ride at 150mm, I just want that extra 10mm 😀

Tracey

I’ve put the tape measure down and decided that the 29ers onto my 650b Enduro isn’t going to work, extra 20mm between the tyre and the arch, so I’ve ordered the Lyrics off CRC using the BC discount code.
    18 Bikes are going to sort out and lower my Pikes to 150/120 so some time soon my 160/130 air shaft will be up for sale at a bargain price

munrobiker
    Free Member

Tracey, I’ll take it when you’re ready. I’m in no rush for one, I’ve been meaning to do this for 6 months…

Tracey

Ok will let you know once its swapped over.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Pikes Dual position’ is closed to new replies.