Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pikes …..
  • daviek

Looking to upgrade the forks on my 26″ BFe and looking at some second hand Pikes to run at 140mm. Now the age old question about will i die if i do this isnt what I want to know but ….. looking at the crown to axle measurement of both the 26″ at 160mm is the same as the 27.5″ at 150mm travel.
    The reason I’m asking is that ive read different things about the travel adjustment of the 26″ Pike, some places say it will only change between 150 & 160mm yet the 27.5″ will go from 120 to 160mm

long story short …. popping a 27.5″ pike on the BFe, yea or nae?

any advice welcome!

Cheers

Davie

kelvin

looking at the crown to axle measurement of both the 26″ at 160mm is the same as the 27.5″ at 150mm travel.

That’s correct. So if using 27.5″ forks your max travel is 10mm less.

You can adjust the travel of either, loads, by changing the air shaft. 10mm increments. Range is much the same for either wheelsize version. It’s a workshop job that’s beyond me though.

My 26″ Pikes don’t have enough clearance for 2.5″ tyres and a mudguard, the 27.5″ version no doubt would. There are deals on (new) 26″ Pikes about though, especially the DJ versions (available in 140mm)

BadlyWiredDog

The reason I’m asking is that ive read different things about the travel adjustment of the 26″ Pike, some places say it will only change between 150 & 160mm yet the 27.5″ will go from 120 to 160mm

I’m running some 26″ Pikes at 140mm with a machined down 150mm air shaft. I have a feeling that there’s also a 140mm dirt jump version of the Pike out there – this – so the air shaft from those would swap straight in.

But you can run 26 Pikes at 140mm if that helps.

daviek

Cheers for the replies!

I think I’ll keep an eye out for 27.5″ pikes as well as 26″.

Poopscoop

Don’t mean to be naughty….

Dave,I am just about to split my beloved Marin Attack trail… That has virtually mint condition 26″ Pikes fitted.

Set at 160mm from memory with a spare shaft to set to 150mm.

Email in profile.

Still on bike at the moment as I am really torn about keeping the bike or not. Finances and space say yes.

Emotion says no. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pikes …..’ is closed to new replies.