Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pikees – How many "Tokens" are you running?
  • maxtorque

So my new set of Pike on, and now we start the setup process!

How many tokens are people running?

Haven’t ridden mine seriously yet, but it looks from a basic kerb test i suspect to get anything >20% sag without diving i’m going to need at least one token in there?

(70kg, 160mm pikes @60psi, and i like the front of my bike plush, but tall)

Anyone ride without any in??

Euro
    Free Member

Me, although i think there’s one in there when you buy them which i haven’t removed. I’m not much for fiddling so when they felt a bit soft on the first ride i just put a bit more air in (95kg 150mm @ 100ish psi).

svalgis
    Free Member

I’m about 60kg, do some jumps and drop but nothing spectacular. I’m definitely looking to add a token or two to my 150mm 26″ jobbies as I bottom out when I run 20-25% sag and am being relatively smooth, and I want some margin for those clumsy moments.

With that in mind, I’m not sure why they aren’t shipped with one or two tokens installed from the factory as I’d think that the vast majority buying it will abuse it more than me (heavier and more aggressive).

In short, expect to add a token or two. I haven’t got around to it yet so can’t speak to how much of a difference it makes, i.e. if one will be enough.

Flippin’ amazing fork otherwise, but I’m sure you know that already.

nathans77
    Free Member

Mine had 2 in from the factory and another 2 in the box (140mm 29″ ones), have you actually looked to see what is in there?

I’m running 3 but am 102KG (2M tall so not as fat as that sounds, though still fat 😉 )

svalgis
    Free Member

Haven’t checked but I’d trust SRAM/Rockshox to not lie right in my face via their official documentation. 🙂

I’ve read a little and it seems that one token can make quite the difference so I guess I’ll start there.

matther01
    Free Member

As per svalgis, I’m 78kg with no tokens in my 26″ 150mm and blowing through the travel real easy. Desperately need a couple asap. Think loco does them for £10 per pair.

nathans77
    Free Member

Ha ha, didn’t occur to me to look in the documentation!

martinxyz
    Free Member

I hear that it’s not possible to put them in a dual position version. Is this true? How are we meant to sort it out on dual position?

euans2
    Free Member

I have 2 in my 160’s feels nice and plush, sits up well. 60psi gives around 25% sag, riding weight is around 80kg

deanfbm
    Free Member

26, 150, 2 tokens, 95psi, 85kg, ~18% sag. Most of the time use about 80% of sag, only bottom out on silly hucks to flat.

maxtorque

Just checked, and yup, no tokens in my 160 solos from factory.

Just added one, and dropped to 50psi static uncompressed, which gets me about 22% sag, but it certainly feels a bit firmer once into the travel.

Might even end up with two in for my forthcoming Alps trip to keep the front end nice and high for all the steeps 😉

kimbers

90kg on my 160 650b 90 psi and 2 tokens is just peachy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Pikees – How many "Tokens" are you running?’ is closed to new replies.