Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • pike stuck at 90mm….any ideas
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

my buddy just text saying his pikes are stuck at 90mm and uturn stopped working, they are coil forks.

any immediate ideas for what could be wrong?

GW
    Free Member

get new mates with better descriptive skills 😉

toppers3933
    Free Member

GW+1

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    I_Ache
    Free Member

Tell him to remove the spring and see what happens. Maybe he has totally buggered them up by winding the U-Turn too far. IIRC they are only supposed to be adjustable between 95mm and 140mm. If its at 90mm he has done something wrong.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

sounds like hydraulic lock in the lower chamber, due to the seal going. That’s what mine did. Needed a new seal and rebuild. See LoCo for the bits.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Hydro lock usually stops it compressing more than a certain amount but it usually extends fine. Mine did anyway.

carlphillips
    Free Member

for the benefit of GW …the pike coil sprung fork no longer extends past 90mm or thereabouts, and seems ‘stuck’ at that travel, he finds that when he tries to use the u turn facility, it no longer adjusts the useable travel as it should.
    we are confused to as what could be the problem and would like anyone with past experience of said problem to bring forth their knowledge so that this issue can be addressed quickly and with minimum cost.

carlphillips
    Free Member

thanks all, will find out later after we have stripped them down

I_Ache
    Free Member

Like I said take the spring out (its very easy) and see if it extends (and compresses) properly. If it does its a problem with the spring if it doesn’t its a problem with the damper. The spring is easy to replace if needed and the damper is easy to change the seals on if needed. They really are very simple forks as are all RS coil forks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘pike stuck at 90mm….any ideas’ is closed to new replies.