• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pike soft spring
  • alexonabike

who uses one and what do you weigh?

since getting my fork PUSH'd It feels much harsher and less eager to use it's travel. I have never bottomed it out, despite a week of Alpine DH! It feels like there is too much compression damping despite the knob being fully open.

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

The Push tune is a rebound piston with wider porting to prevent choking in the rebound phase and keep the fork supple.
    TF also resize the bushings to make the fork more supple in the compression phase, so it's surprising that you report harshness in the fork after a Push tune.
    Did they change the spring?
    I know my Pike behaved in the manner you're describing after I fitted a firm spring to suit my lardy ass, then I lost weight, and it was harsh as **** over the small stuff until I put the medium spring back in.

retro83
    Free Member

The Push tune is a rebound piston with wider porting to prevent choking in the rebound phase and keep the fork supple.

It is the rebound piston, but in my experience the upgrade does introduce slightly firmer compression damping (they add more preload to the spring which controls the compression check valve on the piston).

See this thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=7161252

scaredypants

did they ask you what sort of rider you are ?

did you embellish a bit ? 😳

alexonabike

did you embellish a bit ?

No, i did not. I put that I used the bike for UK trail centres, Lakes/Peaks and a yearly trip to the Alps.

Would a lower weight fork oil make any difference?

Edit: I'm about 68kg will riding gear on.

GW
    Free Member

Pikes only use 5wt in the first place, s'pose you could try 2.5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pike soft spring’ is closed to new replies.