Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pike service mystery circlip
  • andeh

I just pulled the lowers off my Pike 454 Air U-Turn, and a loose circlip fell out, along with a bent spacer (bottom out bumper?).

It’s quite a small circlip, about 15mm, and I can’t see anywhere that it might have come from. This worries me.

The air spring is still in the uppers, as is the rebound cart.

It’s a long shot, but any ideas?

DrP

It’s likely an internal clip that prevents the air ‘lower’ from coming out of the upper ( I’m talking about the internals here).
    Have a look ‘up inside’ the internal – is there a circlip there? Try to yank the air shaft out. The should be a clip there preventing that.

DrP

andeh

There’s no circlip in the air side, but I don’t see how it could hold anything in. It’s too small to secure the air spring inside the stanchion.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It certainly did something

i think he means securing the thinner pipe [ the neg chamber] so that it cannot be withdrawn from the upper air chamber

Get in SRAM tech drawings and see what is missing

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’s not off the top of the blue compression-adjuster/lockout is it?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Yes the should be a small circlip on the air side if memory serves. I was in some earlier this week. Big circlip damper side, small one air side..

Page 4
    http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/l_xz-n94E0LHVSX0LL7ZOflpnhCk3q57aoXcZEt4siQ/mtime:1297962039/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-4310-763-000%20%202006%20Pike%20Reba%20RVL%20Air%20UTurn%20Service%20Guide_0.pdf

andeh

Brilliant, problem solved! I was expecting it to be a big one like on the damper side.

I’ve stuck it on the bottom of the air spring. There seems to be a groove for something to sit in. It’s now home to a circlip.

Thanks a lot guys!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pike service mystery circlip’ is closed to new replies.