Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pike service help
  • SilentSparky
    Free Member

Just in the middle of servicing my pike (leaking motion control o-ring) and need a little help.

I've been following this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_O2xWU9RE

I've changed over all of the o-rings and have put the bottom bit back on the righthand leg fork. Now I'm a bit lost on putting the oil back in (120mm), will it not leak straight back out if the lowers are not re-attached?

Also I assume I need to place some oil back into the left (spring) leg, back the service video doesn't cover this???

help….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Assuming you have put the rebound rod back in and replaced the inner and outer seals in the bottom of the leg, then no, it won't leak out. If it does, you've missed somering out.

In the other leg if coil, smear the spring in grease and chuck 14 ml of oil in the bottom of the leg, from the bottom where the bolt is.

If air, put the same in from the bottom and a bit in each air chamber to keep the seals lubricated

walla24
    Free Member

have a look at this tutorial here for more pics etc

but no basically it shouldnt leak out

Coil side-
    top – grease spring only
    bottom- 15mls of 15wt

Non coil side-
    top – 120ml of 5wt
    bottom- 15mls of 15wt

post up if still stuck

jonnych
    Free Member

Just out of interest, is the damper on air and coil pikes the same? Don't flame me if i'm sounding like an idiot!

mooman
    Free Member

Does anybody know where I can get a seal remover tool for the pikes?

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Cheers guys all back together with no leaks, have full travel so all seems good!

doug_basqueMTB.com

That's a good service thing instruction thing. If you're getting the leaking motion control I just solved the same problem by checking out some of the old posts on here. I took some pics and posted it on my site: How I solved my leaking motion control…

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ahh, glad you sorted it. You posted that in the time it took me to post!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pike service help’ is closed to new replies.