• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PIKE RCT3 Solo – Changing Air Spring Problem
  • variflex
    Free Member

Having watched the MBR vid and read the service manual, I still cant work out how to get the circlip off the bottom of the air spring. There’s no plastic tab as mentioned in the vid. Ive tried moving what I can only best describe as a spacer block to the left and right and using circlip pliers, the beggars still dont come out. Any tips?

chickenman

The black plastic seal head has a moulding that guarantees the circlip can’t come out. If you slide the seal head a around a bit to break the seal and then push + hold it a few mm inwards (strong thumbs req)then the circlip can clear the moulded recess in the seal head.

variflex
    Free Member

Many thanks, managed to push the seal head back a few mm but it takes both hands. Will grab someone to give me a hand in the morning.

poah
    Free Member

its not easy, I had to use a screwdriver to push mine down the other day changing the airshaft.

normski
    Free Member

Be extremely careful not to mark or ding the air shaft as you battle with the circlip. If the circlip pliers or circlip slip they can quite easily mark the air rod and this will cause air to migrate into the lowers when you’re riding.

RickDraper
    Free Member

NEVER follow the MBR video on the installing the legs part.

poah
    Free Member

why?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Because the last thing you want is a vacuum in the lowers.

poah
    Free Member

why?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PIKE RCT3 Solo – Changing Air Spring Problem’ is closed to new replies.