Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pike RCT3 and low speed compression adjustment
  • dougieb
    Free Member

I bought a set of Pike RCT3’s off a mate. Can somebody help me with the LCS adjustment. I’m aware that low speed compression adjustment only works when in the open mode but if I set it to either end of the scale (+ vs -) I really don’t notice that much difference. The forceit takes to compress the shock seems very similar. Is this normal, is the difference really that subtle ?

teethgrinder

Probably a leaking Charger damper seal head. There’ll be excess oil in the lowers and loads of air in the Charger damper.

It works really well when the damper is filled and bled properly, but it deteriorates over time. There is supposed to be an uprated seal available at some point – same as stock on 2016- forks.

dougieb
    Free Member

Cheers – I did a lower service and can’t say I noticed an excess of oil. I guess I should be able to hear if there is air in the system when cycling the fork. I may look to bleed the damper (as it doesn’t look to tricky) to see if that makes a difference.

darrenspink
    Free Member

The forceit takes to compress the shock seems very similar. Is this normal, is the difference really that subtle ?

You probably won’t notice the difference just compressing (pressing down), try pedaling then braking suddenly with your front brake at low speed then turn it all the way to open. Also find some rooty or slightly rough small bumpy terrain and do a rum over it with different settings.

teethgrinder

Nah – the difference is obvious when properly filled and bled. At least on mine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pike RCT3 and low speed compression adjustment’ is closed to new replies.