Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pike Oil Change – are PeterPoddy's instructions available?
  • acjim
    Free Member

I remember that PeterPoddy produced some really good instructions for doing an oil change on RS forks but I can't find it on the www. Does anyone have a copy / can anyone direct me to it?

Cheers!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Email me. (In profile)
    I'm busy tonight and they're all on my PC at home so it'll be a day or two….
    🙂

Vortexracing

sorry for the hi jack

could i have a copy to pleeeeaaaasssseee

Ta

dave

My email is in my profile

ta very mucho

retro83
    Free Member

if you're just doing the lowers (semi-bath rather than the damping oil) see also:
    http://www.cycletherapist.co.uk/step-by-step-guides/rock-shox-lyrik-lower-service/

acjim
    Free Member

Thanks Peter, I will do that but I'm doing the oil change tonight (my motto, always leave servicing your bike to the absolute last minute and get as little sleep as possible before a big ride) so I'll use the cycletherapist help.

nigew
    Free Member

There are also several videos by Sram on Youtube showing step by step how to do it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Jim, OK, if you're just talking about the damping oil, it's pretty bloody easy!
    Remove the gubbins on the top of the right leg (Poploc cable and the twiddly little gold knob if you have one) then undo the circlip and lift off the blue lever/dial. Use a 24mm (I think….) socket to undo the 'bolt' in the top of the leg and withdraw the motion control damper in one piece. Drain the oil (Compress the forks a few times to get it ALL out, and keep draining) Refill with new 5wt oil (120cc I think in Pikes, but it's on the RS site if you look hard enough, under 'Specs' IIRC) and refit all the bits.
    When you refit the damper, just nip the 24mm 'bolt' up gently, don't swing on it!

And, FFS, DO NOT USE AN ADJUSTABLE SPANNER instead of a 24mm socket or ring spanner. You run the risk of knackering the flats on the 'bolt'

🙂

acjim
    Free Member

ah, that's the ticket – i remember it was pretty simple!

cheers fella. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pike Oil Change – are PeterPoddy's instructions available?’ is closed to new replies.