Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pike mud guards/flaps
  • mtbsam
    Free Member

Just wondering what mud guards or mud flaps you all use for the pikes. Clearance seems to be minimal. I’ve got roam 40’s on maxxis high roller, and fitted my old bergtech flap thing but it’l just scrapes the tyres! I’ve settled for the old neo guard for the time being but mud and spray hits my face.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

oldejeans
    Free Member

Mudhugger

leftyboy
    Free Member

I run a mudhugger with a Pike and a ROAM40 running a Maxxis Shorty and there’s not much clearance but I’ve only had it jam up once when riding through a particularly bad section of clay like mud/leaves.

The mudhugger does gather debris and when it does it’s quite noisy until the debris gets shed. It’s very effective though I rode my XC HT (no mudguards at all) on Weds and when I got to the pub I looked like I’d been pebbledashed!

HTH

Tracey

We run the Neoguards on all ours, Butcher tyres and plenty of clearance

v666ern
    Free Member

Mudhugger

+1

don’t know if it’ll work with your specific set up but it is brilliant so much better than the marshguard on my other bike

survivor

I’ve ditched the mudhugger I bought and gone back to a marsh guard type and down tube crud catcher. Best combo if you don’t like face splatter.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mucky Nutz – or any similar.

Neoguards I always seem to have problems with rubbing on compression, even though I can’t see anything catching. Plus they don’t stop mud clagging up the bridge and stanchions.

blairc70
    Free Member

zefal fm 20 , really good coverage and nice price too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pike mud guards/flaps’ is closed to new replies.