Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pike & lyrik air shaft compatibility
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Internet send to suggest the air shafts are cross-compatible, but I can’t find anything definitive.

It couldn’t be as simple as swapping shafts on my 150mm lyrik and 160mm pike to swap the travel, could it?

teethgrinder

Should be. I’m sure my 160mm 650b Pike shaft said it would work on 150mm Yari, and they are the same chassis as the Lyrik.

Edit. Therefore you wouldn’t change anything!

RickDraper
    Free Member

Yes they are compatible. What travel are you looking to get. a 150mm 650b shaft for a pike will give a different travel in a 650b lyrik.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teethgrinder

Page 78 for Pike, page 98 for Lyrik

11.4018.026.001 – Air Shaft Solo Air – PIKE (160mm 27.5/140mm 29/150mm 29+), Lyrik/Yari(150mm)

nickdavies

Lyrik has different neg spring, so possibly not so straightforward. Looking at the parts manual it lists the air shafts as cross compatible but seems there is a small travel change on them – ironically it lists the 27.5 160mm Pike air shaft as the 27.5 150mm lyrik shaft so you may well find that your air shafts are actually the same length anyway, and it’s the other internals making the travel difference.

2018 models change again.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks teethgrimdr, it’s not as simple as I hoped then.

I want to make my 2017 15mm lyrik 160mm and would have been happy to try my 160mm pike at 150mm. But it doesn’t with like that sadly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pike & lyrik air shaft compatibility’ is closed to new replies.