Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pike lower leg service – To compress or not compress, that is the question?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

MBR vid for lower leg service on Pikes. Lots of comments saying that compressing the fork gave too much negative spring and some had reduced travel.

What is the best solution guys? Also, if you get the negative air and shorter travel, how do you rectify it?

Cheers peeps

Ells

hainman
    Free Member

I’m sure I was told the MBR video was incorrect

philjunior
    Free Member

I’d go on the SRAM tech docs website and do whatever they say.

mactheknife

I have never compressed mine and i am still alive, i can see why compressing would create a negative effect when the lowers were extended.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

No compresso por favor

BigEls
    Free Member

Do you need to release the pressure from the fork as your only knocking the foot bolts out? Can you use a good water proof grease for seals instead of Judy butter etc?

philjunior
    Free Member

Do you need to release the pressure from the fork as your only knocking the foot bolts out? Can you use a good water proof grease for seals instead of Judy butter etc?

Not sure how the air spring is set up in these but I would play it safe and let the air out.

The grease has to be silicone based grease (various brands of fork grease are available or any other silicone grease you find will do the job) – if you use grease made for bearings it’ll typically be a lithium grease and will damage the uppers and bushes as it can conduct electricity and allow dissimilar materials in these to react with each other.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pike lower leg service – To compress or not compress, that is the question?’ is closed to new replies.