Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pike leaking oil..
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Just noticed that my Pike's started leaking some oil from the top of the right leg (the compression adjuster side). Why would this happen and how urgently should it be fixed?

Cheers

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

MOCO needs resealed. Eventually all the oil will fall out and you will have no damping.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

they're supposed to do that, it's when they STOP leaking that you want to worry. Means they've run out

😉

brooess
    Free Member

Send to TFTuned for a service. Mine did that and as above, lost the compression damping

hora
    Free Member

Its a classic Pike design issue. Theres a homemade washer fix that you could fit in/then rescrew dial in ontop. I cant remember where I saw this though- mtbr suspension forums?

_tom_
    Free Member

I don't ever use the compression adjustment, it's always left on maximum "bounce". Should I still be worried/is it urgent? Don't have much money at the minute so unless it'll damage the fork I'd rather not bother for the time being!

jonnych
    Free Member

If it's a money issue it's only £25 for tf tuned to service (reseal) the damper, mine are doing the same so sending the damper off tomorrow. Although can does anyone know anything about this washer fix hora mentioned?

_tom_
    Free Member

Alright that's not too bad, will be without a bike for a while though 🙁 Can't even afford £25 til the next student loan though, trying to stay as much out of my overdraft as possible haha

hora
    Free Member

Have a good read through (not easy to find as you have to use google rather STW's) 🙄

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/puffing-pikes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pike leaking oil..’ is closed to new replies.