Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • pike for a 29er stumpy fsr…Ok?
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Got A 2013 stumpy 29er fsr carbon. Its not the evo version which apparently slacker and with a bit more travel. Mine has the crappy evolution series forks 32’s 130mm travel. Looking to upgrade them at some point and its hard sourcing 130mm 29er forks that are a definite upgrade. Would really like some Pikes but I believe the travel is 140mm (or could be more) is this too much for the frame, would it throw the geometry out? (the bike has 130mm rear too)

Mbnut
    Free Member

It will be fine and a great upgrade, it will sit higher than the Fox mainly due to the way it damps.

If you already find the front high this may be an issue but a flat bar or inverted stem should sort this.

The main geo change will be a slight slackening of the angles which may be an improvement.

I would say go for it and if you hate it I will buy it off you 😀

hughjengin
    Free Member

High front end is not really an issue at the moment to be honest. As I have a little 50mm stem on with very little rise and also 10mm riser. So flat bars should negate the 10mm extra fork length.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rene59
    Free Member

I’ve a set of 140mm Revs in my non-evo 29er Stumpy FSR and they are perfectly fine.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Cool, I reckon the Pikes will be a mega upgrade. Love the bike but those evolution series 32’s are poop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘pike for a 29er stumpy fsr…Ok?’ is closed to new replies.