Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pike charger bladder, bleed or replace oil?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Can’t tell from the service schedule, do Rockshox recommend completely replacing the 2.5wt oil occasionally or is it ok to just keep on bleeding?

strike
    Free Member

Virtually identical in design to Fox FIT dampers, and on Mojo’s advice I change the oil in my Fox dampers annually. Each time the oil is slightly discoloured so it does appear to be worth doing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

There are different versions of bleeding. For a full bleed, it’s done in stages of refill so you change the oil anyway. I do ours at least once a year anyway.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Makes sense. The oil discolours less than in my old Pikes or Revs, guess that’s down to the rubber bladder.

Onza – what do you mean by “stages” – I was planning on sucking the oil out with a syringe, then refilling with fresh. The tech docks dont really describe this, just the standard bleed procedure to remove any air bubbles.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you’re rebuilding the damper, you fill and bleed the rebound circuit before fitting the compression circuit. If there’s only a little air on top of the damper, you can just “top up” the bleed with a syringe. If there’s air in the rebound circuit, it needs a strip down. It’s not too involved and worth doing. The viscosity of the oil slowly degrades over time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pike charger bladder, bleed or replace oil?’ is closed to new replies.