Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pike 160mm sitting low in fork
  • coogan
    Free Member

…anyone else have this? I have 160mm Solo Air Pikes and only recently noticed that the 160mm marking on the stanchion is hidden behind the fork leg as sitting low. Out with a mate today on his 160mm Pikes and the 160mm marking is about 8mm above the top of the leg and on full view. Checked old photos of the bike when new and it’s sitting higher. Calling the shop tomorrow, but seeing if anyone else had this happen.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Might need burping.

[video]https://youtu.be/blHaC1mMiWM[/video]

daver27
    Free Member

a mates does this occasionally. i put it down to the little positive/negative bleed ports in the air spring blocking with grease.

we normally grab the wheel and the bars and pull up to fully extend the fork, it goes with a “pop” and full travel is restored for months.

coogan
    Free Member

Cool. Sorted it. Like you said pumped up the PSI and pulled the bars and wheels and a wee air release sound happened and all good now! Will find out at the weekend when I ride it if it holds mind you.

daver27
    Free Member

i think its just the internal bleed port blocking. the act of pulling the wheel and bars forces it clear and you are good to go.

its happened twice on my mates in about 2 years.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Don’t know what that video is trying to achieve.

Pushing a cable tie down the seals with the fork compressed, will, once re-inflated, create a vacuum in the lowers, this happens because the air in the lowers (when in a compressed state) is displaced by the upper stanchions. You re-inflate and the vacuum you’ve created acts as secondary negative spring and causes an imbalance between positive and negative chambers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pike 160mm sitting low in fork’ is closed to new replies.