Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Pies your time is now ? (scrawled on M6 bridge)
  • acehtn
    Free Member

Random test of the hive mind.

Driving up and back down from Penrith, i think it was between M6 J18/19 maybe a railway bridge.

The slogan “Pies your time is now” scrawled across the bridge.

Greggs early marketing ? or is it some northen thing/local legend ?

Made a change from normal stuff you see painted on signs and flyovers and underpass supports, was curious to if it had some higher meaning 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Related to this on the M25:

Moses

I also spotted this, earlier in the week.
    If it helps, my godson’s father is called Pies.

scaredypants

dogs … like cars

(A1 or M1 for years)

acehtn
    Free Member

Peas and Pies, millitant foodies on a rampage.

Maybe (with Moses name link) it’s a local legend.

LeeW

I used to have ‘The Pies’ scrawled on it on both sides.

SiofCannock
    Free Member

‘Legendary’ scouse band who may or may not even exist. A bit like the Crucial Three maybe.

They do like to paint on bridges up there. ‘Gouranga’ anyone?

langylad
    Free Member

M65 coming from Preston to Blackburn.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

is this another Eric Pickles thread?

Grimy
    Free Member

Its a football thing according to my Preston colleagues. Preston North End fc are nicknamed “the Pies”

adam_h
    Free Member

It’s a band in Liverpool from what I’ve been told. Think they’re from Litherland.
    “Pies, these roots are rotten” is also on the railway bridge at the end of the M58. Sure there’s one on the M57 too.

globalti
    Free Member

“Gouranga” is on a few bridges on the M65.

allthepies
    Free Member

😯

mark90
    Free Member

A few weeks or so back a bridge in that area, possibly the same one (green?), had ‘vote pies’ written across it on the south side visible when travelling north bound.

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s quite close to Wigan.

Just sayin’.

mark90
    Free Member

Marin
    Free Member

Used to be for a Liverpool band. Don’t know if it still is. They were all over the place and got painted out. Nice to see it back, cheers up my current drive to work. Bit like the Commodors bridge if anyone knows that one.

SiofCannock
    Free Member
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Newbury has giraffes.

TheWrongTrousers

The give peas a chance one was just ‘peas’ for years, presumably just a graffiti tag and then some smartarse added the rest later. Always makes me smile……

slowoldman

I was in Dubrovnik shortly before the troubles in the Balkans really kicked off. I was somewhat shocked to see painted on a bridge “Only good Serb is dead Serb”. Blimey.

tetchypete
    Free Member

I remember the ‘dogs…..like cars’ one on a railway bridge in Stockton years ago. Never knew what it meant but it always made me smile.

tang
    Free Member

Gouranga is done by Hari Krishnas(not under any ‘instruction’ from a temple). I met a guy who did some. ‘Gouranga’ translates as ‘the golden one’ describing the bodily hue of 16c Bengali Saint Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu(Born in the same town as my family home) He brought about a renaissance in Hindu philosophy in Bengal at that time and whose teachings the Hari Krishna movement is based. I guess it comes from the Vedic principle that one is blessed just by the name itself.

fasthaggis

Never mind all this bridge stuff,are the M5 camels still there ? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Mickey Pearce, wasn’t it?

konabunny
    Free Member

M Pies is Bent
    Big Dave’s Gusset Pies

Pigface
    Free Member

On the M40 outside Oxford years ago was the legend “Plank is God” never figured out what that was about.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

On alternate sides id like to paint ‘ha ha this-a-way’ ‘ha ha that-a-way’

acehtn
    Free Member

Mark90, that’s the bridge heading north, other slogan is other side heading south 🙂

Si of cannock, thats pure gold will check out the link, thanks.

Fast Haggis, yes the camels are still there, the Wicker man at Bridgwater is being urbanised with a new estate going up around it, i won’t be surprised if it gets torched again 🙁

slowoldman

Ooh just remembered some graffiti in Worksop when I was at school.
    “I ‘ate Sid Wilkinson”.
    Which was funny ‘cos I was at school with him.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Pies your time is now ? (scrawled on M6 bridge)’ is closed to new replies.