Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Pictures of you Pitch Pro please
  • flamejob
    Free Member

… and I will, when the whole ‘moving to Spain’ comes to fruition.

I’ll post some pics when the forks are on (psyching myself up to put the star nut in)

forge197
    Free Member

I got a Comp in the end and changed some bits, great bike really pleased with it, have changed a few bits too, it’s now running a RP23, look forward to hearing about the 160’s I noticed it took them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

This is my Pitch Comp, not the best pic in the world but it’s the only one I’ve got in it’s most recent incarnation.

Upgrades wise:
    – Hope Hoops with DT 5.1D’s
    – Maxxis High Rollers (ST front, Maxpro Rear)
    – SLX Crankset, XT Cassette & KMC X9.93 Chain
    – Outland CNC’d pedals (Slim Jims by any other name)
    – Sunline V1 AM Stem
    – Sunline V2 Bars + Outland Lock-ons
    – Crank Bros Jolin with Charge Spoon
    – On the way a FOX DHX 5.0 Air
    – Hope seat clamp & Head set.

forge197
    Free Member

What do you think of it Steve?

My changes :
    SLX shifters
    XT Rear Mech
    XT Chainset/BB
    High Rollers 2.35
    Presta Inner Tubes
    XTR SPD
    RP23
    Earl Grips
    Thomson Seatpost and Bel Air RL Saddle

Possible change to Pro II wheel set on the cards.

steve_b77
    Free Member

forge – bloody love it, total overkill for my night time rides back home but once you get it into areas like above (it’s the altura trail btw) and wales trail centres / more natural stuff or if you wanna prat around on a 4x course it’s brilliant.

It’s superb on the downs and the more confidence you get the faster it becomes as I found out when I shot past my mates when we did nant-y-arain on teh rocky down hill bits, two of them were on Ramsons and a couple on Meta 5.5’s

To be honest it’s not mega light but it’s 31lbs so not exactly heavy.

Cant’ wait ot ride it again at the weekend with the new shock fitted.

And hopefully off to the Mega next summer

forge197
    Free Member

Sounds very similar to my thoughts, mine comes in at 30.5lbs.

It climbs very well and goes down hill better, it seems to carry speed well into and out of the corners, I am pretty blown away how good it is.

I think you’ll notice the difference between the xfusion and the Fox 🙂 I did.

flamejob
    Free Member

Rode round to a friend’s house pre-ride to get his ass out of bed…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Flamejob, How are the new 36s?
    🙂

(must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks must not buy new forks)

flamejob
    Free Member

They track beautifully and they feel amazing at speed but I’m having a few problems with the initial setup. I think they are the most consumer adjustable forks you can buy.

I bought them at trade price, but even so, its a lorra lorra cash!

Buy buy buy buy!!

PS: they’re at 130 in that shot /\ where they will stay for most of the time to be honest.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I bought them at trade price, but even so, its a lorra lorra cash!

Buy buy buy buy!!

LOL!
    🙂

I’ve just looked at the price and there’s NO WAY ON EARTH I’m putting £600-£700 forks on a £1000 bike. Not never, not nohow.

I’ve just ordered a stiffer spring for my Pikes and that should see me all nicely set up for the foreseeable future.

Took it to Afan last weekend. Fek me. It sodding flies downhill.
    🙂

Andy

I’d confirm that PP was moving rather quickly on that thing with me mincing along at a much more sedate pace behind

(NB I would just like to point out that I put none of the transwales tags on this thread. I am innocent of this crime and think the real perpetrator should step forward and confess)

flamejob
    Free Member

To be honest, the Pikes are really really good forks, but I need something bigger that doesn’t weigh more.

As far as putting £700 forks on a £1400 bike; I consider the frame more than worthy of spending the cash; I’d put them on a Yeti or Santa Cruz, so why not the Mighty Bitch I say 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I consider the frame more than worthy of spending the cash; I’d put them on a Yeti or Santa Cruz

That is true, actually. But I don’t NEED them. WANT? Yep.
    🙂

flamejob
    Free Member

*puts hand up

My name is flamejob and I am a fork whore

I’m kinda thinking of painting them black and putting Pike stickers on 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tell you what, I can see the Pitch becoming a bit of a classic bike in the same way the old 130mm Enduro was, or the SC Superlight. The price is right (If you can get one) and they work so well, and are such fun. I wonder what the 2010 version will be like?

steve_b77
    Free Member

<- also doesn;t need new forks, but would love some 🙁

PeterPoddy – Member
    Tell you what, I can see the Pitch becoming a bit of a classic bike in the same way the old 130mm Enduro was, or the SC Superlight. The price is right (If you can get one) and they work so well, and are such fun. I wonder what the 2010 version will be like?

I reckon the 2010 bike will be exactly the same but even cheaper, maybe £797.36 for the Comp and £913.87 for the Pro. Bothe will come with a free “how to really annoy bike snobs” training package 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL!

I’ve had someone refer to mine as “That THING“……

karnali
    Free Member

flamejob yuo selling the pikes? could be int martin_varey”yahoo.com

flamejob
    Free Member

I gave them to a friend in a fit of Karmic enrichment.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

My local bike shop was building up a pro with custom parts for a customer. Had lyrics on and more of a DH / Freeridey build with duel ring and bash, different wheels and I must admit I was rather taken by it!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I gave them to a friend in a fit of Karmic enrichment.

Can I be your friend please? Just in case you decide to do the same with the 36s..?

😉

flamejob
    Free Member

Mine is headed in the ‘Freeridey’ direction; I have had the rear wheel rebuilt using the same rim with a Pro II (did the calcs and it is better than a Mavic so kept it) and I got a bashring yesterday which I might fit tonight.

I am trying to keep it as normal looking as possible… sort of stealth ‘showroom spec’, which is why I am strongly considering painting the forks black and putting white Pikey and ‘FOX SHOX’ stickers on them, like the original Pikes.

I kinda like that double take you get from riding something a bit weird.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

FJ – I know where you are coming from with that. I chose my bashring because it matched the bike and looked rather like it was fitted at the factory….

flamejob
    Free Member

So.. as suggested in other threads… who is up for a P(B)itch tribe meet/ride??

Any location ideas would be nice.

I am in London, but will travel.

robdob
    Free Member

I am well chuffed. I just did quite a big drop/steep rock thing on my Pitch Pro at Stainburn yesterday. It’s on the red downhill route bit.

timbercombe
    Free Member

My best mate’s got a Pitch, he bought the frame for £300, spec’s Lyrik Coils, ProII/729, Dual Ring SLXs, X9, J7s etc. seems to be a good build and makes a pretty cheap full sus considering his old cham. frame was £450.. He enjoys it at 160mm but apparently most of the time runs them at 140mm, to me coming off of a reign it seems a little sluggish in parts but a bargainous price as a full build!!!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Love mine and get to ride to work everyday on it …. prefer blasting round rocky north wales though !!!

Dinger
    Free Member

Here is mine at the Tocks

Oxboy
    Free Member

I love mine, upgrade wise its got Sunline V1 bars 710mm wide, new grips obviously. DMR V12 flats. I want a flappy paddle seatpost for it next.

http://muddy-bikes.co.uk/pictures/61_1232393837.JPG

Its there if anyone doesnt know what one looks like by now! 😀

djglover
    Free Member

I’m probably going to buy a comp just for the frame. Flog all the bits on fleabay

Does anyone know if there are any issues with fitting a 200mm E2E DHX 5 to the pitch?

flamejob
    Free Member

Oh go on then… here’s another…

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Pictures of you Pitch Pro please’ is closed to new replies.