Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Pictures from your city centre
  • bruneep

Following on from the Manchester city centre pic. I give you Aberdeen city centre.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

At that angle, I bet most of that ran down her legs!

Pook

Aberdeen Inspired

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Full of madness

stewartc
    Free Member

There are a lot more better parts but this is what most visitors tend to see when they come.
    In fairness there is a good curry house nearby.

Stoner
    Free Member

We’re just better down here 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m heading up to Aberdeen tomorrow – hope I don’t meet her!

shermer75
    Free Member

That Aberdeen one is a classic. The look on the guy’s face says ‘ah sod it, it’s my wife, it’ll be easier to let her get in with it’

slowoldman

Good of her bloke to stand guard and let her know if anyone’s coming.

copa
    Free Member

By Polish photographer, Maciej Dakowicz. Part of his Cardiff After Dark series:
    Cardiff After Dark

Edukator
    Free Member

jimjam
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stewart, Wan Chai?

wombat

Not sure where the chap at the bottom of the stack in Mikewsmith’s picture is gripping the young lady with his left hand…

jordie
    Free Member

Sure looks like Wan Chai I think it looks worst in the daylight.

matt_outandabout

Dumblane is a fairly small city…. 8)

SaxonRider

That Cardiff After Dark series, while reflective of some of what may go on around Cardiff, bugs me quite a bit, as in all my 10+ years of living here (and in the last 6, very close to City Centre), I have hardly ever seen such hideousness.

I could just as easily have gone out and taken photographs like this one:

and suggested that it was representative of what happens in Cardiff at night (which, in many ways, I think it is).

By contrast, I used to arrive at Manchester Piccadilly and have to make my up to Victoria on a Friday night, and when I did, it was virtually guaranteed that I would have to step around any number of loud drunkards and other louts on the way.

wwaswas

No idea where this is but it’s all class.

Drac

SaxonRider

@Drac: I love that place. Quite honestly, if I was forced to choose a city in the UK, it would have to be Newcastle. In a heartbeat.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

No idea where this is but it’s all class.

It’s also responsible for making me spit my tea across the room.

Drac

It’s a cracking city that has turned itself around over the last decade. The Big Market is earmarked for a revamp too.

dknwhy

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@Wwaswas – drinking and leapfrog not the best combo!

kiwicraig

And it’s actually been this sunny this week! (Minus the orcs)

rOcKeTdOg

Stoner, isn’t that under about 4ft of water by now?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Big Market is earmarked for a revamp too

Noooooooo was the first reaction then back to the redevelopment of some places here, it’s a shame that gone it was a classic… When did you last go there?

I had some good night’s in the big market

fettlin

there is a great LBS round the corner too…..

Drac

Noooooooo was the first reaction then back to the redevelopment of some places here, it’s a shame that gone it was a classic… When did you last go there?

It’s not gone yet. Last year it’s still a horrible dump, I turned the wrong way out of High Market and ended up there. I nipped back through to Grey St pretty quick as the clients outside the bars in the Big Market during the day are something special.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah the local pre Christmas bar here got bought the relaunch was so much better and much more popular

Edit and what had happened to some solid underage drinking pubs in Alnwick… They sell food these days

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pretty much central.

Drac

Edit and what had happened to some solid underage drinking pubs in Alnwick… They sell food these days

Some closed down others have sorted themselves out and there’s a night life reappearing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah, funny place these days but a good Er well 18 years since my hey day…

bikebouy
    Free Member

This during the week, it’s really rather nice.

jimster01

I had the misfortune of driving around Worcester the other day, WTF have they done to the old Cathedral roundabout!!

What bike for Worcester floods –

djglover
    Free Member

Its rubbish here:

[img]http://gb.fotolibra.com/images/previews/1195281-shops-and-awnings-ilkley.jpeg[/img]

rOcKeTdOg

That’s a half hearted farthing

egb81
    Free Member

Welcome to Bristol. Generally a great city but the centre on a weekend night is pretty grim.

That Cardiff pic is pretty representative from the times I’ve been out there.

dannyh
    Free Member

Lady Gresley – Member

At that angle, I bet most of that ran down her legs!

You may well be mistaken for giving her the benefit of the doubt – who’s to say she wasn’t about to lay a cable. I wouldn’t put it past some people.

stewartc
    Free Member

CFH and Jordie, yep, Wan Chai but you both kind of knew that somehow, Lockhard Road regulars?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Pictures from your city centre’ is closed to new replies.