Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Pics of cool motorbikes
  • somafunk

^ a fizzy!, lying flat on the seat in a superman pose could get you the wrong side of 50mph.

porter_jamie

my brother had a purple one, with a 65cc big bore kit. most i saw in the speedo was 56mph down the steepish hill in the county

ianv
    Free Member

wwaswas

lying flat on the seat in a superman pose could get you the wrong side of 50mph.

Need to try harder, this bloke managed 150mph in his speedo’s

(not on a Fizzie, it has to be said).

LenHankie

Bimbler – Have Nicolai started doing motorbikes?

mccett
    Free Member

One of mine….

Replaced with similar…

And it was nice to be racing this 2T when everyone else on the start line was going to 4T…

legend
    Free Member

amplebrew – Member

A bit of a marmite bike, but I think my GSA is cool…

Motorbike equivalent of an Orange Five, you see frikkin’ loads of them and they are way over the top for the ride they’re being used on

😉

amplebrew

legend – Member
    amplebrew – Member
    A bit of a marmite bike, but I think my GSA is cool…

Motorbike equivalent of an Orange Five, you see frikkin’ loads of them and they are way over the top for the ride they’re being used on

I know, I know….. 🙄

I made a huge mistake test riding one and instantly falling head over heels with it.

I really love the boxer engines and I’m not old enough to ride an ‘RT’ or ‘R’ yet 🙂

failedengineer

That 1200R Classic is the best looking BMW, IMHO.

gonzy
    Free Member

bimbler – is that Josh Bender’s bike? 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

klumpy
    Free Member

Mccett – you have taste sir!!

(Says the owner of a ’96 fireblade and a YZ crosser – is that a 250..?) 😀

metalheart
    Free Member

Amplebrew: I really want to hate that GSA but considering I was admiring the new Triumph Tiger Explorer XC (looks lush in Khaki….) and there are, er, strong ‘similarities’ between the two I can’t…. I’m still humming and heying over doing a DAS this summer. If I do it’ll be some adventure variant for sure… 😳

Epicyclo: ye gods mans, what is that behemoth? That said it looks good for tooling around Oz for though.

My only bike to date was a skanky AP when I was 16,

failedengineer

Metalheart – get a Tiger 800.

amplebrew

metalheart – Member
    Amplebrew: I really want to hate that GSA but considering I was admiring the new Triumph Tiger Explorer XC (looks lush in Khaki….) and there are, er, strong ‘similarities’ between the two I can’t…. I’m still humming and heying over doing a DAS this summer. If I do it’ll be some adventure variant for sure…

Epicyclo: ye gods mans, what is that behemoth? That said it looks good for tooling around Oz for though.

My only bike to date was a skanky AP when I was 16,

I’ve been riding sports bike since 1998 and riding an adventure style bike has opened up a whole new world of biking. I thought I’d miss my sports bikes, but I regret not coming off them years ago.

failedengineer – Member
    Metalheart – get a Tiger 800.

I test rode a Tiger 800 just before buying my GSA and it was a lovely bike. The Tiger has got an amazing engine that has lots of grunt for an 800. I also test rode an F800GS and the Tiger was a far nicer due to the engine.

I very nearly bought the Tiger 800 as I was really impressed with it and only really went for the GSA as I preferred it’s larger size and really love the boxer engine.

Whilst the GSA is a doodle to ride, it is a big heavy bike and I’m not sure I’d recommend it for a 1st bike.

tinsy
    Free Member

No one said it had to be petrol, I had the pleasure of doing all the CAD work for the frame, suspension & plastic’s.

Oset 20″ Electric Trials bike.

brakes
    Free Member

saying that, I went past a very futuristic looking mototrbike the other day, looked pretty cool and I’m 99% sure it was electric.
    A quick search can’t find anything that looked similar though.
    it looked like a sports bike. anyone know what it might have been? there can’t be that many around?

metalheart
    Free Member

Sadly I found out a guy at my work just sold a Tiger pretty cheap (it had a ridiculous, apparently, 8k mileage for a 2 yo bike)….

Assuming I do do it, I’ll be looking for a Transalp, V-Strom or similar. No desire to go big for a first bike….

nellyp
    Free Member

amplebrew

metalheart – Member
    Sadly I found out a guy at my work just sold a Tiger pretty cheap (it had a ridiculous, apparently, 8k mileage for a 2 yo bike)….

Assuming I do do it, I’ll be looking for a Transalp, V-Strom or similar. No desire to go big for a first bike….

Definitely have a go on a Tiger if you get a licence and want an adventure style bike; the engine is in a completely different league to it’s competition.

jools182
    Free Member

righog
    Free Member

epicyclo

metalheart – Member

BMW R850C – This and the R1200C were BMW’s failed attempt to go for the cruiser market.

Really horrible things to ride in standard setup, but about an hour with the spanners, a few minor mods (cheap), and it’s a brilliant bike. I’d sooner go round Oz on one of those than one of BMWs “offroad” bikes.

fasthaggis

Damn this thread,I want a cafe racer for the summer now 🙂

cbike
    Free Member

Thrashes LEJOG a wee bit…

http://www.thepostman.org.uk/the-bike/

epicyclo

Here’s my actual cafe racer

I built it for 24 hour racing. Heavy flywheels (MSS) balanced by Dodkin for smoothness, medium CR, and a ported 350 head to get a straight but small bore for the carb. Stoned the cam followers to change the lift characteristics. Flat out at 108 but could hold it almost anywhere. Nothing could stay with it around Loch Ness because the handling was pin sharp so I could hold my speed longer.

It never did get to a 24 hour though. I never had enough money for the travel and entry fees. 🙂

rogerthecat
    Free Member

How did they get an old maggot to look this good – wouldn’t have sold mine if I knew this could be done!!!

porter_jamie

This one I made with my brother. Made everything inc frame, swinging arm, pipes, tank etc etc etc and even billet crankcases.

mccett
    Free Member

Klumpy… Yep, its a 2000 YZ 250. The dark blue Blade I sold to a mate in Nov 08 and bought back last year. It had been stored outside and needed a lot of work. Glad to have it back, sat on a new one and it felt like a minimoto.

sobriety
    Free Member

I’ll stick a pic of mine up when I finish the bloody thing, stupid basket case rebuilds and discovering snapped off starter motor bolts when you try to assemble the thing! 👿

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Both ends of the spectrum…

weeksy

My new toy

[Img]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a555/couch_commando/b7362c6ca9073e291a008d0567ad2a56_zps9f1d2952.jpg[/IMG]

hot_fiat

Mine stuck out in the rain while camping in the Hartz mountains.

mrmoofo

need to work out how to load photos …

sv

Racing 250s mmm…

mrmoofo

and this

RustySpanner

Wrenchmonkees CB750 – niiiiice:

Munch Mammut:

Nice Cub:

craigxxl
    Free Member

That Cub is really nice, simply but well done.

I’m drawn to the Ducati Diavel at the moment. It must be a sign of my age.

Dickyboy

Cool as a cucumber

scan0001 by Dicky Boy 500, on Flickr

CountZero

Polishing chrome wires is one thing, but when you have to keep the brass and copper polished as well…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Pics of cool motorbikes’ is closed to new replies.