Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pics from today's, only slightly muddy, Mendip ride
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

And no, I have not forgotten about the planned STW ride next month. I'll be putting up a PSA about that early next week. 🙂

The ride was mostly on Waverly Downs near Cheddar and the owls are are Lillypool farm cafe on the Shipham road.

cinnamon_girl

Was beginning to get very excited by those pics unitl I saw pic no. 4 🙁

Buzz – I don't do mud cos I'm a summer rider. Can you please arrange for the sun to be shining and have the trails all dried out for me? Thank you so much 🙂

I like birdies!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The sheep track on the side of Wavering down still looks pretty firm.

Apart from the usual stodgy places and a veneer of slop, the going on mendip is still generally firm ATM.

Not very clean riding though.
    😕

oldfart

buzz correct me if i'm wrong but you aren't planning to get across to wavering are you ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Not very clean riding though"

Which is why I'm currently riding the ol' hard-tail with the crud-catcher 😕

CG: pic 4 incident was very amusing. The bit of track before that was dry and fast and I was pelting along then I saw the mud patch and it had that look about it…

so I just tucked down and hung on until I stopped, dismounting neatly and was amazed that the bike stayed standing up! We won't be going there.

ScienceOfficer is spot on: the usual (mostly avoidable) stodgy places and just a veneer of slop to slide aboooooot on. I test-rode Santa's Grotto yesterday but it was nasty-slippy. But apart from the run-off, everything else on my expected route was fine, just damp and a bit slippier and slower going that when it was baked hard in June.

OF: hadn't planned to go over wavering as it's a bit cut off from Black Down – never mind.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pics from today's, only slightly muddy, Mendip ride’ is closed to new replies.